Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Transcription rates - writing to text, NOT audio

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 8:07 am
Looking for rules of thumb on how to charge. How much time does it take to type up one handwritten page? Is there a going rate per page? TIA!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 10:15 am
Bumping because it's time sensitive. Thanks.
Does $6 a page sound reasonable?

singleagain

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 12:32 pm
How neat is the handwriting?

How many words per page?

I don't know anything about the rates... But can you charge per word?

singleagain

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 12:33 pm
I googled. And keeping in mind into in new Jersey and based on my Google history. Here is what I found

Standard per-page rates range from $4-15 USD per typed page, depending on turnaround and other requirements. A page is commonly defined as 350 words in length. Alternately, the typist may charge per hour. For North America-based typists, standard hourly rates range from $25-40 USD for straight typing.
https://www.opaltranscriptionservices.com › ...
Typing Services: Rates and Pricing Structures

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 12:47 pm
singleagain wrote:
How neat is the handwriting?

How many words per page?

I don't know anything about the rates... But can you charge per word?

I'm nervous about doing that. I don't have enough experience. Also, I might add an article here or there for clarity, it's handwritten notes to be used as reference. I came up with a number. I'll live and learn. Thanks.

singleagain

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 1:03 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm nervous about doing that. I don't have enough experience. Also, I might add an article here or there for clarity, it's handwritten notes to be used as reference. I came up with a number. I'll live and learn. Thanks.

Based on the goggle I posted above 6$ seems like it's in line.

For the future this type of info is better googled than asked on imamother. Bc it's a pretty niche question that not a lot of posters would have experience with

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 1:08 pm
singleagain wrote:
Based on the goggle I posted above 6$ seems like it's in line.

For the future this type of info is better googled than asked on imamother. Bc it's a pretty niche question that not a lot of posters would have experience with

I did Google. But you never know. And I came up with $6 myself though I'm also hearing from people in the business who do it by the word. I'm not experienced enough to do that yet though.
Thanks!!

amother
Maize

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 1:37 pm
You can take a picture of handwritten text with an iPhone and have it transcribed to typed text, assuming the handwriting is somewhat legible. Lol easy $6 a page. Does your client not know this?

https://www.theverge.com/22559.....ow-to

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 2:45 pm
amother [ Maize ] wrote:
You can take a picture of handwritten text with an iPhone and have it transcribed to typed text, assuming the handwriting is somewhat legible. Lol easy $6 a page. Does your client not know this?

https://www.theverge.com/22559.....ow-to

Well I don't have an iphone. And it would still need some proofreading.

amother
Hibiscus

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 4:11 pm
Just to be clear, that would be $6 a tight page so that is not really different than by the word because using an average sized font it comes to set number of words. All the best in your new endeavor!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 30 2021, 6:04 pm
amother [ Hibiscus ] wrote:
Just to be clear, that would be $6 a tight page so that is not really different than by the word because using an average sized font it comes to set number of words. All the best in your new endeavor!

Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics