Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
What tricks of the trade have you learned from Organizers?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Grape

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 9:32 am
I had someone help me with the extra clutter but she wanted to ged rid of half my house. She ended up throwing away good usable stuff that I couldn't see her do that because someone else can use them, or stuff that could've been repaired or just because it wasn't in right place doesn't mean it can't be used & found once it is in the right place. She got upset when I pulled out good stuff from garbage that she placed there like game pieces of existing games, or crafts/coloring book that were still good but she thought I owned too many.

amother
Cherry

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 11:57 am
Grape, you, not the organizer, make the ultimate decision. However, the pro is not blinded by sentiment. Yes, she discarded items that would be usable if fixed—but how long have you had them without fixing them? She threw out game pieces—but why were they not with their games?

You hired a pro because you were drowning. Presumably it cost you money. Why were you going back and undoing her work? This is how you got into such desperate straits in the first place.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics