Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Anywhere I can buy perfumes for cheaper?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 31 2021, 11:46 am
In store or online?

ra_mom

Post Fri, Dec 31 2021, 12:09 pm
I buy from www.fragrancenet.com. Good quality, good prices.

There's also Cosmetics Scenter in Brooklyn.

amother
Bellflower

Post Fri, Dec 31 2021, 12:18 pm
They make all the brand name perfumes in knockoff versions. They smell the same but don't have fixers or whatever it's called so the scent does not last long.

amother
Caramel

Post Fri, Dec 31 2021, 12:24 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I buy from www.fragrancenet.com. Good quality, good prices.

There's also Cosmetics Scenter in Brooklyn.

I also buy at fragrance, but I think open bottles dissolve in a short amount of time, so don't leave too many open at once.
Not sure if this also happens to other points of purchase, but I had it with a few brands from fragrance.net

staten islander

Post Fri, Dec 31 2021, 12:29 pm
Dossier! Best replicas

ra_mom

Post Fri, Dec 31 2021, 12:33 pm
amother [ Bellflower ] wrote:
They make all the brand name perfumes in knockoff versions. They smell the same but don't have fixers or whatever it's called so the scent does not last long.

I don't find knockoffs worthwhile.

Goldie613

Post Fri, Dec 31 2021, 12:56 pm
If you don't care about the brand name aspect, Bath and Body Works has perfumes that are reasonable - especially when they are running their twice a year clearance sale, like they are now.

https://www.bathandbodyworks.com/

ny21

Post Fri, Dec 31 2021, 1:52 pm
Contact Janice zarad on facebook

mommish613

Post Fri, Dec 31 2021, 2:58 pm
Marshall’s, TJ maxx all sell perfumes for less
than retail

Flower25

Post Fri, Dec 31 2021, 3:35 pm
I buy from foreverlux.com they are very well priced

etky

Post Sat, Jan 01 2022, 11:49 am
My impression from what I read online is that discount stores like Marshalls and TJMax and Burlington have the cheapest prices (although their selection might be somewhat spotty and limited).
Unfortunately I do not have access to these stores but I do order online from Fragrancex.com

mochamix18

Post Sat, Jan 01 2022, 3:00 pm
I recently ordered from Oakcha.com which does good replicas as well as some of their own original scents.

amother
Honey

Post Sat, Jan 01 2022, 6:22 pm
How do you know what to order online without smelling it first to see if you like it?

etky

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 3:42 am
amother [ Honey ] wrote:
How do you know what to order online without smelling it first to see if you like it?

You go to the shop to try out the scent and then you research the best price.
For scents that you already know and are repurchasing it's not an issue obviously.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 9:31 am
etky wrote:
You go to the shop to try out the scent and then you research the best price.
For scents that you already know and are repurchasing it's not an issue obviously.

Are you halachically allowed to do that - go to a store, use their samples, possibly take the time of an employee as well, then after you've figured out which one you want, go buy it elsewhere for cheaper?

amother
Bellflower

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 9:38 am
ra_mom wrote:
I don't find knockoffs worthwhile.

Right. That was my point.

etky

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 10:01 am
amother [ DarkCyan ] wrote:
Are you halachically allowed to do that - go to a store, use their samples, possibly take the time of an employee as well, then after you've figured out which one you want, go buy it elsewhere for cheaper?

Most stores that I know do not stipulate that you can only sample if you intend on buying and perfume is a product that you are expected to sample (optimally several times) before purchasing.
I usually end up sampling a scent at several stores before I commit to a purchase.
I imagine that the stores factor the testers into their operating costs and into the prices and that it is still worth their while to put out testers or else they would stop doing so.
I do not accept help from the salespeople, unless it relates to the price of said fragrance at their store, and say off the bat that I am just looking so as not to raise their expectations that I will purchase.
Also, I do sometimes end up purchasing at the physical store. It depends on the price. Many times the differences in price are very significant.

In general I think that in today's economy brick and mortar stores have to compete against internet sites and do serve as showrooms for products (appliances, furniture etc.) that people want to see IRL and perhaps later purchase at lower prices online. That's how things work nowadays.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 11:01 am
Only buy from cheaper places once you have already found what you like. First time I purchased any specific perfume was at the place I was introduced to a scent I liked. After that I have reordered at a cheaper place. If your friend or family member wears a scent you like, ask if you can try a spritz and wear it for the day to see if you like it on your own skin.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries