Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
HELP . It's after pesach.
1  2  Next

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 2:05 am
So I spent 2 months getting ready for pesach. then cooked and cleaned endlessly on pesach. now Pesach is over. and life can go back to normal. Right? RIIIIIIGHHHHT.

B"H, I am not complaining, but just panicking. Cuz in the next month, I have to toilet train my sonny boy, book a babysitter for my brother's 'tenayim' in 2 weeks, get a shaitel appt for the selfsame tenayim, address 40 envelopes for a tzedakah party that's being held in memory of my grandmother obm, get my son something to wear for shvuos, get myself something to wear for shvuos, hire a babysitter for my sister in law's wedding which is on isru chag shvuos, rent a dress for myself for the wedding, get my shaitel done for that wedding, find a hat for the wedding, schedule an eye doctor's appointment and find childcare for that appointment which I dont know how I'll manage while in the throes of toilet training him, stock up my freezer with food again, go to a Section 8 briefing which is also 3 hours and who will watch my son during toilet training for those 3 hours but on the other hand I can probably postpone that appointment so it's another phone call I have to make, find childcare for 2 other doctor appts that I have between now and shvuos, schedule upsherin pics for him for after shvuos, register him for cheder for rosh chodesh sivan, and not fall completely apart while doing all of the above. I also have to call an electrician to fix the freezer's plug which the grounding prong has fallen off and is stuck in the wall, a glazier to fix a window that has been broken for a month, a plumber to fix a leak in the fleishig sink which has been leaking for six months, and an exterminator to take care of the waterbug problem on the milchig side of the kitchen. Oh, and did I mention toilet training? With a kid who probably won't cooperate but has to get into cheder by Sivan anyway?

Who else has a laundry list of things to do int he next few weeks and also feels so overwhelemed they want to come here and bang their heads on the wall with me?

Boruch HaShem I'm in good health, Boruch HaShem I have a son to toilet train and a tenayim and wedding to be busy with, I'm not complaining, just super scared how I'll do all of this in the span of about five weeks. HELP!!!

TzenaRena

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 2:21 am
Yeah MamaBear, I have such a laundry list. All the neglected phone calls, projects and appointments, dental, doctor and otherwise that got pushed off till "after Pesach". And making summer plans, somehow producing the hundreds for registering kids for camp before there are no more places.

greenfire

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 2:40 am
sounds exhausting ... I say skip toilet training altogether - he'll get the hang eventually ... I can handle everything but the bugs so fogedaboudit Twisted Evil

altz zul zayn auf simchas !!!

mummy-bh

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 10:58 am
Don't know about a laundry list,

it's the LAUNDRY that's taking over my house Banging head

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 11:06 am
greenfire wrote:
sounds exhausting ... I say skip toilet training altogether - he'll get the hang eventually ... I can handle everything but the bugs so fogedaboudit Twisted Evil

thank

nope, cant skip the toilet training, you missed the part where I said he has to be in cheder by Sivan iyh.

greenfire

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 11:19 am
Mama Bear wrote:
greenfire wrote:

thank

nope, cant skip the toilet training, you missed the part where I said he has to be in cheder by Sivan iyh.

nah I didn't miss it - was in denial - here we only start in elul ...

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 11:50 am
he's iyh turning 3 in av, he's gotta start earlier than that. cheder here runs year round so you can start any rosh chodesh.

Beauty and the Beast

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 12:25 pm
yep. I have an empty fridge, pantry and wallet. gotta stock up.
I have to unpack from yom tov, we ended up going to monsey last minute.
I have a son who needs to get into a school for this coming year.
I have to schedule an appointment for my post partum visit to my dr.
I have to get my 2 kids to a doctor. we went before yom tov, and they are still really not feeling well.
I have a migraine that wont quit.
I have laundry that is banging in my machine, and the machine keeps making terrible noises, like it is gonna quit in a minute.
I have a gassy baby, bh, who doesnt sleep.
my son has no playgroup today.

AND MOST OF ALL, I HAVE A HOUSE THAT NEEDS SPRING CLEANING SINCE I DIDNT GET TO IT WHILE PESACH CLEANING!!!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

happyone

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 1:26 pm
I'm not sure anyone wants my laundry aired. But yah, I'm also a bit overwhelmed here. (Looks like we're both REAL busy chatting here on imamother).

Smile

wasn't it nice to sit on the couch, or take a stroll down the block - just yesterday this time, clad in our robes we discussed in that other thread! Question

Mitzvahmom

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 5:09 pm
omg my apt still looks like a hurricane!!

too much laundry

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 5:13 pm
give it until shabbos....

raizy

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 5:17 pm
bh I finished a million loads of laundry . like 25 loads. I folded most of it. except every piece of blue suits pants etc . anything that needed hanging up to dry. its not dry yet. it rained a whole day. I had to entertain 5 rainy tired cranky kids. not bad. so far so good. no one is in a bad mood.
'
I have about 50 shirts to fold and pack away. I am gonna do it later. .... 4 boys and one man in the house. I wonder what happens when they are all older and bar mitzveh age. how many shirts I will need then.

my cleaning lady is not coming till next week monday so wish me luck.
but she came yesterday night and we worked till 2 .. so I packed away all the pesach stuff. and got out all the chumatz stuff.

I am surving today. and tommorow everything will be back to normal. I hope.

Fox

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 5:28 pm
Does anyone else use the laundromat after Pesach/Succos/Tisha B'Av? I have a washer/dryer, but the process of washing all those loads is just unending. By the time I'm finished, the laundry has piled up again. But I can start a dozen loads simultaneously at the laundromat and be finished within two hours.

Today I got my older kids up at 6 a.m., and we were there when the laundromat opened at 6:30 a.m. I sweetened the deal by buying donuts for breakfast, which they consumed after starting the wash cycle.

They dried and folded the stuff while I worked and ran a couple of errands, and everything was back home and put away by 10:30 a.m.! Admittedly, it cost a lot in quarters and donuts, but I don't have so much as a dirty dish towel in the house. Woo hoo!

Fox

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 5:31 pm
Please note that I am staying absolutely quiet on the topic of toilet training. It was only through Hashem's rachmones that my kids were trained by bar/bas mitzvah!

raizy

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 5:33 pm
fox I do that after the nine days and sukkus.

but I kept feeding the machine last night. I went too bed at 4 . so I did quite a lot. and I did laundry on chal hamoud. gasp.... for some pple its a big everiah. sshhs. I guess they have 10 pieces of clothing of everything... or do their kids wear dirty stuff.. I dont know ..

Raisin

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 6:45 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
greenfire wrote:

thank

hey I'm also having problems with my ds's toilet training. he won't do no. 2, although he is fine with no. 1. I was planning to re-start this week (using new methods...) ...now I realised that we are going away this shabbos to a bar mitzva. maybe I should wait till we come back. Shucks...

I only keep sane because as dh said, no one has ever gone to the chuppa not toilet trained.

Why does he have to start in Sivan? Why not Iyar, tammuz, av or Elul? Or whenever? you can always start teaching him alef beis at home if that is the minhag.

maybe we can start a private forum...Mothers of reluctant toilet trainers.

TzenaRena

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 6:57 pm
We drove dd off to the airport. the big event of the day, after packing away the Pesach dishes, and eating first chometz.

Now we will sing "vkarev pezureinu", as we gather the laundry and assorted sweaters, blouses etc. that were left out of the suitcase, and sort out the whole house. And find the fleishig pots and keilim, to put up supper, and unpack the three closets that we closed off.

It sometimes takes till Lag B'omer to dig out, and get everything back to it's proper place.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 7:08 pm
Raisin, I am BE"H due in July so it has to get done before that...

Squash

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 8:41 pm
great news mb!!!!!!! I had no idea! (am I the only one who didn't know? embarrassed )

this is so exciting!!! b'shaa tova!

and yeah, when I saw the title of this thread and that you started it I started thinking - yikes! time to start toilet training. my son must be able to go to daycamp in the country (not to mention start wearing tzitzis).

hhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeellllllllppppppppppppppppppp!!!

Mrs. XYZ

Post Mon, Apr 28 2008, 8:46 pm
Wow! MB! I am also pleasantly shocked! Beshaa tova! Very Happy

(As I was reading your post, I was thinking "and when are you going back into 'treatments'?")
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics