Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Can we please introduce some new topics here?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 10:18 am
amother [ Clover ] wrote:
Thank you OP for starting a light chit-chat post.
For me in the UK it is now the middle of the afternoon.
I read that you work in a paediatric subacute care unit.
Is that a bit like an intensive care unit for children?
Do the parents always stay with their children in your unit?
I hope you don't mind my asking.

Read the next post Wink
In my unit a parent is always there! We have no other staff at this point...

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 10:29 am
But to answer your question- as we’ve clocked in weeks in in the PICU (pediatric intensive care unit)- for the most part parents stay with their child. Depending on what’s going on some people have friends/volunteers/family members come stay with the child to give parents a break. It’s always better someone stays with the patient, though in pediatric ICU’s the nurse to patient ratio is usually 1:1 or 1:2, so technically you could leave the child in the nurses care if that’s ok with the child.

For us personally, we rarely had other people filling in because of how various factors came together. When my child was moved from the NICU to PICU we didn’t have anyone stay overnight and had the wonderful nurses take care of her. But she was very stable then and a newborn and things were different. But since then we’ve never left her alone. Also, since Covid things have changed drastically on visitation.
For eg, one hospital we were in June the policy was 2 parents and 2 approved visitors for the duration of the stay.
Other hospital we’ve had a few admissions over the last year the policy changed every few days...so at one point they allowed you to have both parents on the list and change out one approved visitor every 24 hours.

amother
Skyblue

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 10:56 am
My milk came in and I'm only 26 weeks pregnant. How much sense does that make? I woke up in middle of the night and was a mess

amother
Lightcyan

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 11:29 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Lol
I didn’t even have to apply for the job Smile

Well, hope your workday goes better today.

Going to try for a nap now before heading out to the doc- since it was a mostly sleepless nights with bursts of sleep in about 76 seconds increments.

Great day to y’all

Wink
Thank you! Hope u get thru ur day after getting no sleep.

amother
Lightcyan

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 12:24 am
Hey!
How’s everyone doin?

I made heaven penne a la vodka today.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 12:30 am
amother [ Lightcyan ] wrote:
Hey!
How’s everyone doin?

I made heaven penne a la vodka today.

Tired. but didn’t start my day yet, just chilled talking on the phone for about an hour now after work... (I have to work to pay the rent too, so there go my evenings...) anyway I gotta get up and pack away the supper, collect the laundry etc and go shower. Hopefully get some sleep tonight.

So no ice cream today? Only pasta Wink

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 12:40 am
amother [ Skyblue ] wrote:
My milk came in and I'm only 26 weeks pregnant. How much sense does that make? I woke up in middle of the night and was a mess

Oy that must be uncomfortable. One of my sister in laws had that. Hope tonight’s sleep is better!

amother
Lightcyan

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 12:47 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Tired. but didn’t start my day yet, just chilled talking on the phone for about an hour now after work... (I have to work to pay the rent too, so there go my evenings...) anyway I gotta get up and pack away the supper, collect the laundry etc and go shower. Hopefully get some sleep tonight.

So no ice cream today? Only pasta Wink

Lol nope, didn’t have place for any ice cream after the pasta.

Wow sounds like ur life is pretty hectic. Hope u get a decent amt of sleep tonight.

amother
Blueberry

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 5:33 pm
I'm going away for Shabbos and having a family of 8 staying in my house. And my house is totally not in a state for strangers to take it over! My neighbor's daughter just got married and is having family for sheva brachos, I'm really happy to be able to help her but I'm a little overwhelmed.

life is fun

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 5:59 pm
amother [ Blueberry ] wrote:
I'm going away for Shabbos and having a family of 8 staying in my house. And my house is totally not in a state for strangers to take it over! My neighbor's daughter just got married and is having family for sheva brachos, I'm really happy to be able to help her but I'm a little overwhelmed.

You are such a kind neighbour!!!! Would love you to be my neighbour too! Very Happy
So generous if you to let them sleep in your house while you are away. It can be such a headache to find places for visitors when naking a simcha!!!

amother
Lotus

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 8:17 pm
I'm back from the beginning of the thread! (the one with the hydroponics and corona etc). Been silently reading the past few days and figured I'd pop back in here.
So nice of you to house so many ppl!
Anyhow, we finally made it back to work/school here and now we have a snow day looming tomorrow. I'm trying to stay positive but I dont have any more energy to clean up the dinner I was so proud that I made and I fell yesterday and didn't think it was a bad fall but I'm sore all over today and now it hurts when I cough which is often cuz of the corona. Anyways, I really shouldnt complain, but like someone else said theres nothing like letting it all out to random internet strangers who we might actually know.

amother
Lightcyan

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 8:20 pm
amother [ Lotus ] wrote:
I'm back from the beginning of the thread! (the one with the hydroponics and corona etc). Been silently reading the past few days and figured I'd pop back in here.
So nice of you to house so many ppl!
Anyhow, we finally made it back to work/school here and now we have a snow day looming tomorrow. I'm trying to stay positive but I dont have any more energy to clean up the dinner I was so proud that I made and I fell yesterday and didn't think it was a bad fall but I'm sore all over today and now it hurts when I cough which is often cuz of the corona. Anyways, I really shouldnt complain, but like someone else said theres nothing like letting it all out to random internet strangers who we might actually know.

Ouch Sad
Hope you feel better quickly.

At least shabbos is coming…

annalee

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 8:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ooh good luck with that! And have fun sewing. (I have piles of mending waiting a year or so... Banging head Can't Believe It )
Did you try a YouTube tutorial?

We used the call the mending pile “the clothes morgue” Hi

happytobemom

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 10:09 pm
annalee wrote:
We used the call the mending pile “the clothes morgue” Hi

LOL LOL LOL LOL

amother
Blueberry

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 10:14 pm
life is fun wrote:
You are such a kind neighbour!!!! Would love you to be my neighbour too! Very Happy
So generous if you to let them sleep in your house while you are away. It can be such a headache to find places for visitors when making a simcha!!!

So my neighbor just told me it might just be one couple staying here. The large family is staying somewhere else closer to the shul. That does make it easier, because they'll just use my guest room and not the children's room. Still got to get the house in order!
Somehow whenever I'm going to do a favor for someone and either they don't need it anymore, or it changes to something much easier, I feel guilty after, like maybe I wasn't so happy about the chessed so Hashem took away the zechus or something like that. Ever feel that way? Does that make sense?

amother
Lotus

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 10:56 pm
You are so nice for feeling guilty cuz I would be thrilled to get the credit for offering without doing the work.

amother
Lightcyan

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 11:08 pm
You don’t need to feel guilty! You already got the schar for agreeing to do the favor, and it doesn’t become “less” just because the requirements changed.
Hashem is just helping u out 😊

amother
Lotus

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 11:10 pm
Sorry to change the subject, but I'm looking for a wacky holistic way to build up my immune system. I'm coming off weeks of being sick/on preventative tamiflu and antibiotics and just feel so shvach. Like no energy. Looking for all ideas.

amother
Lightcyan

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 11:15 pm
amother [ Lotus ] wrote:
Sorry to change the subject, but I'm looking for a wacky holistic way to build up my immune system. I'm coming off weeks of being sick/on preventative tamiflu and antibiotics and just feel so shvach. Like no energy. Looking for all ideas.

This isn’t wacky, but my father always pushes us to take maxi-biotic whenever someone gets sick.
It’s mostly made of garlic which is known to boost the immune system.

amother
Blueberry

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 11:15 pm
amother [ Lightcyan ] wrote:
You don’t need to feel guilty! You already got the schar for agreeing to do the favor, and it doesn’t become “less” just because the requirements changed.
Hashem is just helping u out 😊

Thanx for making me feel better!
Going to clean the guest room and pack for Shabbos... Wink
Page 7 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics