Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Sub for Almond Flour

Pink Flamingo

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 1:04 pm
I have a banana muffin recipe that I would like to try. It calls for 4 cups of almond flour. I only have about 2 cups left. Can I use white whole wheat flour instead of the remaining 2 cups of almond flour?

TIA!

Ellie7

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 1:08 pm
Can you halve the recipe? I would not sub.

Pink Flamingo

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 2:37 pm
Ellie7 wrote:
Can you halve the recipe? I would not sub.

The recipe yields 6 large muffins. Not sure if its worth it to halve it and only get 3...

BatyaEsther

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 2:45 pm
I would just use whatever flour I have at home. Make sure you add enough baking powder and check the texture for how much flour to add. Baking time may change, so keep and eye on it when it is in the over. They might be good instead great, but no reason in the world that won’t work.

BatyaEsther

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 2:56 pm
Btw, I don’t know your nutritional needs, but 4 cups of almond flour for 6 muffins sounds intense.
Just so you know, the almond flour alone, 4 cups is 2600 calories and 224 grams fat. That is before you add your bananas, eggs, sweetener, fat… Divided by 6, and that is probably less healthy than you intended.

Clearly I am not you or your health care professional. I know nothing about you, your dietary restrictions, or your nutritional needs. I am not aware of what is in your best interest or why or is it any of my business, just pointing out some nutritional facts as I see on imamother that there are many fad eating plans are a little misguided if not done with a specific intent and need.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins