Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
If you had covid now Jan 2022 what are you symptoms?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
DarkGray

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 8:55 pm
I had Covid at the end of the summer, and I just had it again. I had a scratchy sore throat and a very dry cough the first time. I felt like I had broken ribs from the cough. This time I had a bad sore throat and somewhat of a cough, and then lost most of my taste and smell. Both times I was exhausted. I am vaccinated.

amother
Chestnut

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 8:58 pm
Does anyone else feel psychosymptomatic when they hear people discussing covid? Suddenly every sniffle sore throat chill or anything else automatically thinks that I have covid

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 9:00 pm
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
Sounds like that poster is already pretty much keeping to herself.

Yes, that's me- but my kids go to school and dh to work. That's why I'm even thinking of the question, I guess.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 9:18 pm
amother [ Maize ] wrote:
Oct 2021 is same category (or did you mean to write 2021?)

Yes meant to write October 2021. Will go edit. Thanks.

amother
Broom

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 9:18 pm
amother [ Broom ] wrote:
Son got covid now 2nd time in10 months. He had coughing a little fever and low energy on day 1&2. He tested positive last night. Already feeling better on day 4 of symptoms.He is double faxed and covid 2x!
I started symptoms yesterday so I tested. I was negative , but feeling much worse today. I am coughing, congested, low energy, headache comes and goes, no fever. Got monoclonal treatment at home.( double faxed and first time covid for me).
Even if you test negative and feel symptoms you probably have covid if you were exposed.I was told by Dr.

Updating....
got the chills now and fever. Also stomach upset with the fever

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 9:21 pm
amother [ Broom ] wrote:
Updating....
got the chills now and fever. Also stomach upset with the fever

Sounds like you're having a hard time. Refuah shalaimah.
BH you got monoclonal antibodies, I have heard they are almost impossible to get at the moment.

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 9:27 pm
Triple vaxed, never had Covid before as far as I know.

Current symptoms are runny nose and very hoarse. No fever, and I pretty much feel fine, although a little bit tired because I'm congested. I cannot smell right now, but I'm not sure if it's true anosmia or just congestion.

I haven't tested for Covid. My school was just on zoom for a week, and I'd hate to test positive and work remotely when my classes are finally back in session...and school has never asked me to test, which means that they must feel the same way! Still, I think my symptoms are probably Covid. I had lots of indoor exposures to unmasked people who were Covid positive the day before my school switched to zoom. And anyway, with the current testing rates in NYC, probably a third of the city is currently positive.

amother
Trillium

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 9:41 pm
Triple vaccinated
Never had covid afaik
Nor did anyone in my household and now we almost all tested positive.

Very sore throat and headache, mild congestion. Hoarse voice, tiredness, very low grade fever at the beginning
Very achy lower back and hips recently
Dh had stomach symptoms. Dd wheezing and higher fever (but her vaccine was the longest ago). Ds had the worst symptoms but had j & j vaccine which is pretty much useless.

Honestly, if a dc hadn't tested for work, I don't think we would have even known we had it. Thought my ds had the flu and the rest of us mild colds

amother
Molasses

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 9:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Wondering how you were able to get monoclonal? I have been told it is almost impossible to get now and even the frum agencies are rationing it for the highest risk patents. I imagine you must be at risk, which probably explains why you're also having such a hard time. So so sorry. Refuah shalaimah.

If she’s pregnant she has an easier time getting it than others

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 9:59 pm
amother [ Molasses ] wrote:
If she’s pregnant she has an easier time getting it than others

Not according to what I have heard is the current situation. A few weeks ago it was a different story. At this point, people need a lot a lot of connections and pull and even frum organizations are rationing it. Obviously our communities can often make the impossible happen, but I have heard it is hard, even for people who are elderly or with underlying conditions.
I think someone also said that the local health dept needs to approve it now, but I did not confirm that with a reliable source - have you heard that?
BH amother was able to get them and how she did is really private (I edited my comment).

mommy0311

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 10:28 pm
Got tested positive this morning. For the past few days I had some on and off back pain and slight sore throat. This morning I decided to get tested because I couldn’t sleep all night, intense back pain, very sore throat, crazy head ache and muscle aches. If I move my head too much the pain is not normal. But I don’t have a fever..yet. I got my first vaccine but never ended up getting the second shot and I never had Covid before And I’m pregnant so I’m a bit nervous Sad

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 10:42 pm
I wasn't sure if I had it two years ago, before the world frenzy, but then last week I got sick, and got that burning throat. The only other time I ever had such a burning throat was two years ago.

I started off with a headache - blocked sinuses, extreme chills and fever 102. Next day my throat started burning and headache. Third day, less headache, fever was down. Six days later, I'm left with a dry cough deep from the chest and stuffiness. Vaxxed x2

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 10:44 pm
My son tested positive for flu (didn’t test for covid) so I assume everyone else that got sick in the house had flu, we all took tamiflu and Bh worked except my husband thinks he has covid. I’m just wondering if anyone that tested positive for covid also tested separately for flu I’m wondering if everyone would test for both separately, if they would both be positive

amother
Green

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 10:52 pm
Had it in Dec 2020. Lost taste and smell terrible weakness and nauseau. Vaccinated x2. Probably had it in Dec 2021 because had weakness, sore throat, runny nose, didn't test though but I believe I had it. I did drink throat coat tea. It really really helped!! Refuah shleimah to all.

amother
Snowflake

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 11:16 pm
amother [ Quince ] wrote:
What is different for those who are vaccinated vs those who are unvaccinated? Is it less severe or less duration for those who are vaxxed and especially for those who are boostered?

My own experience comparing (I’m not vaxxed.)

My parents and in laws got same time. One is vaxxed. One Is second time around. Both young 70s

Vaxxed ppl felt miserable for much shorter. Maybe 24-48 hours.
Uncaxced second time it’s lasting longer like a dragged out flu. But bearable. .

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 11:21 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
Am I the only one having such severe symptoms?

My first time around I had fever for days between 100.5 and 103. Severe nausea, headaches and more. Bh this time was much milder Bh.

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 11:22 pm
amother [ Snowflake ] wrote:
My own experience comparing (I’m not vaxxed.)

My parents and in laws got same time. One is vaxxed. One Is second time around. Both young 70s

Vaxxed ppl felt miserable for much shorter. Maybe 24-48 hours.
Uncaxced second time it’s lasting longer like a dragged out flu. But bearable. .

Not my experience at all...

amother
Molasses

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 11:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Not according to what I have heard is the current situation. A few weeks ago it was a different story. At this point, people need a lot a lot of connections and pull and even frum organizations are rationing it. Obviously our communities can often make the impossible happen, but I have heard it is hard, even for people who are elderly or with underlying conditions.
I think someone also said that the local health dept needs to approve it now, but I did not confirm that with a reliable source - have you heard that?
BH amother was able to get them and how she did is really private (I edited my comment).

I know that as of last week, pregnant women were still getting it easily

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 11:58 pm
Got it March 2020. Had a bad cough. Caused a first trimester mis.

This time was worse for me. Alternating freezing and shaking to hot and sweating. Sinus infection. That lasted 48 hours. A week later and still a little lightheaded. Till noon I feel a bit “brain fog”.

* this time my teeth were affected. They’ve been very sensitive. I always take 4000mg vitamin D3 daily and upped it to 6,000 split up throughout the day.

My husband split a tooth and got a massive oral infection as his teeth became very delicate from COVID. He wasn’t responding to antibiotics. The dentist said he’s seeing this with a number of patients after having Covid recently.

amother
Quince

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 12:01 am
amother [ Lemonchiffon ] wrote:
Got it March 2020. Had a bad cough. Caused a first trimester mis.

This time was worse for me. Alternating freezing and shaking to hot and sweating. Sinus infection. That lasted 48 hours. A week later and still a little lightheaded. Till noon I feel a bit “brain fog”.

* this time my teeth were affected. They’ve been very sensitive. I always take 4000mg vitamin D3 daily and upped it to 6,000 split up throughout the day.

My husband split a tooth and got a massive oral infection as his teeth became very delicate from COVID. He wasn’t responding to antibiotics. The dentist said he’s seeing this with a number of patients after having Covid recently.

You guys are unvaccinated?
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics