Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Any idea a cheaper way to get from Brooklyn area to Orlando?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 3:06 pm
Tickets are a fortune!!! we are coming from out of the country so even renting a van is costly and a 16 hour drive. Wondering if anyone has any ideas for me?

scruffy

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 3:08 pm
If you're coming from out of country why can't you fly directly to Florida?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 3:10 pm
I was thinking that but I only knew I was going to Orlando after the tickets were booked and they are $100 a ticket to make changes to also I need to get to the NY/NJ area after Pesach....

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 3:14 pm
Is a stopover flight cheaper? Flights went up around 30 percent recently

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 3:14 pm
Besides for flying a day or two earlier and leaving later, there’s driving or flying closer and then driving. Awhile ago flights to Jax airport were like $200 RT but then it’s a 3 hour drive to Orlando. I’m paying Newark to Tampa $417 a ticket. That’s bec I wanted to leave on sun to be back for school and work if ur not picky u can work out the dates.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 3:16 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Is a stopover flight cheaper? Flights went up around 30 percent recently

I have been looking for about a month and even then flights were around $500 and up

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 3:16 pm
People would be happy for you to drive their car down for them but idk how many people you are and they would prob want some of their stuff in the car as well so not sure there would be enough space

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 3:17 pm
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
Besides for flying a day or two earlier and leaving later, there’s driving or flying closer and then driving. Awhile ago flights to Jax airport were like $200 RT but then it’s a 3 hour drive to Orlando. I’m paying Newark to Tampa $417 a ticket. That’s bec I wanted to leave on sun to be back for school and work if ur not picky u can work out the dates.

check in is Thurs afternoon if I have to go a day earlier I can do that but I have to leave the day after yom tov which is sunday and that is for some reason a very expensive day

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 3:17 pm
I booked for pesach from NY to someone where in the US and flights were 1000 pp

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 3:20 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
I booked for pesach from NY to someone where in the US and flights were 1000 pp

so I am in big trouble GULP

amother
Lightpink

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 3:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
check in is Thurs afternoon if I have to go a day earlier I can do that but I have to leave the day after yom tov which is sunday and that is for some reason a very expensive day

Weekends are always more expensive. And that time of year especially. Spring break. It's not just Jews flying.
$500 actually doesn't sounds like such a bad price considering.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 3:26 pm
amother [ Lightpink ] wrote:
Weekends are always more expensive. And that time of year especially. Spring break. It's not just Jews flying.
$500 actually doesn't sounds like such a bad price considering.

'
that is why I am trying to find a cheaper option....

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 3:26 pm
wow those prices are really high. I just looked to go just for chol hamoed and they were like $170. Maybe just go chol hamoed....

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 3:30 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
wow those prices are really high. I just looked to go just for chol hamoed and they were like $170. Maybe just go chol hamoed....

yeah Sad can't do that I may have no choice but to drive and that thought is a nightmare Sad

amother
NeonPurple

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 3:39 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
yeah Sad can't do that I may have no choice but to drive and that thought is a nightmare Sad

We've driven twice with little kids from ny. Can't say it's amazing but bh wasn't a nightmare. It's definitely doable.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 3:42 pm
amother [ NeonPurple ] wrote:
We've driven twice with little kids from ny. Can't say it's amazing but bh wasn't a nightmare. It's definitely doable.

growing up we did every year 12 hour drives but kids have never done more than 3 hours and so I am quite nervous not to mention it shortens the trip Sad thanks for the encouragement!

amother
Birch

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 3:43 pm
Even a bus will cost $100 per person. Train will about $160 per person.
So you may as well change the tickets for an extra $100 and not have to sit through a 20 hour drive with strangers.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 3:45 pm
amother [ Birch ] wrote:
Even a bus will cost $100 per person. Train will be above $150 per person.
So you may as well change the tickets for an extra $100 and not have to sit through a 20 hour drive with strangers.

true I am definitley considering it but I still need to get to the NY/NJ area after Pesach....so trying to figure it out cuz thats the most expensive part Sad

amother
Birch

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 3:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
true I am definitley considering it but I still need to get to the NY/NJ area after Pesach....so trying to figure it out cuz thats the most expensive part Sad

Afterwards you can purchase 1 way bus tickets to NY.
I looked at 1 way tickets and you may be able to get one way bus tickets for $70. So you may just want to rent a car and drive one way to NY.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 3:52 pm
What about Amtrak?
Or fly to a different airport in Florida and then drive to Orlando.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics