Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Did you recently buy a house in Boro Park?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 8:41 pm
How much did the house cost?
How much $ did you need up-front (down payment, closing costs, etc.)?
How much do you pay for your monthly payments?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 02 2022, 9:34 pm
Also, when did you buy it?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 12:30 am
anyone?

amother
Eggplant

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 1:33 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
anyone?

This is private info. I'm not sharing even anonymously.

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 2:58 am
amother [ Eggplant ] wrote:

Same here

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 6:21 am

Actually, home purchase prices are public records. You can look up online how much anyone paid for their house.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 1:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How much did the house cost?
How much $ did you need up-front (down payment, closing costs, etc.)?
How much do you pay for your monthly payments?

Call a mortgage broker.

Many realtors won't talk to you before you talk to a broker.

groovy1224

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 1:14 pm

anyone with a computer can look up your address and see how much you paid and how much you put down

amother
Burntblack

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 2:10 pm
groovy1224 wrote:
anyone with a computer can look up your address and see how much you paid and how much you put down

I know how to see how much someone paid, but how do you see how much they put down?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 2:37 pm
amother [ Burntblack ] wrote:
I know how to see how much someone paid, but how do you see how much they put down?

This. You can't see what someone put down.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 2:39 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
This. You can't see what someone put down.

Well you can see how much the house cost and how much they took out on a mortgage so it's pretty simple.

groovy1224

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 2:42 pm
amother [ Burntblack ] wrote:

As someone else said, it's the price minus the mortgage amount, both of which are public information (in NYC).

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 2:43 pm
amother [ Hyacinth ] wrote:
Well you can see how much the house cost and how much they took out on a mortgage so it's pretty simple.

Where can you see how much they took out on a mortgage?

watergirl

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 2:48 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Where can you see how much they took out on a mortgage?

I don't know about this particular county, but every state has it's own site for real property search. Where I live, you need the address and county and in other states and counties, you need just the name. Some counties have their own specific site and others have it all under the clerk of courts records.

Love this site

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 2:51 pm
Here’s the link. All mortgages are listed. You can pick up property addresses from Zillow and search them here.

https://a836-acris.nyc.gov/CP/

amother
Feverfew

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 3:00 pm
I wish!

Unfortunately the prices are way out of my league.

amother
Rainbow

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 3:25 pm
A 3 family luxury house over 20' wide property but under 30', in the heart of BP recently sold for a little over 3 million, and the mortgage taken out was 2.5 million. So about 800,000 was put down.

I got the sale price on Zillow and the mortgage amount on Acris.

Thats either one very wealthy person or 2-3 partners.

Im curious what 20' houses go for, because BP is full of them, theyre the most common in BP since the 1970s.

And dilapidated houses on not desirable blocks anywhere in Brooklyn go for close to 2 million, so why is anyone shocked about prices in BP?

wifenmother

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 3:42 pm
When prices were in the $1MM range, almost all homes sold for $990k - $999k on paper to avoid paying mansion tax. Oftentimes the deal included that the buyer paid the seller's transfer taxes and/or attorney fees etc, so that they seller got their full asking price anyway.

A lot of these fees/negotiations have now become standard, so although you can see the purchase price, you won't know how much the buyer actually paid. They may have agreed to pay the seller's broker fee which can be a hefty sum (!) or there may be some other arrangement on other fees. Few deals are straightforward.

I know of one condo where the seller accepted a lower offer but the buyer is paying the seller's transfer taxes (all above board and detailed in the contract), so seller is actually walking away with more money than the higher bidder offered.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 4:25 pm
I apologize for asking such personal questions. I guess BP is more private than other places.... as I've seen the same or similar questions answered about buying houses in Lakewood, Monsey, and other places on Imamother....

amother
Rainbow

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 4:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I apologize for asking such personal questions. I guess BP is more private than other places.... as I've seen the same or similar questions answered about buying houses in Lakewood, Monsey, and other places on Imamother....

No apology needed, its right on Zillow and Acris for the world to see, whether the seller paid the seller fees or not, its the correct ballpark...

You hear someone sold a house, you search on Zillow (although I think the selling price only shows a while after theyve had the closing), and then for mortgage like someone said upthread, you look on acris.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating