Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Did you recently buy a house in Boro Park?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 4:50 pm
amother [ Rainbow ] wrote:
No apology needed, its right on Zillow and Acris for the world to see, whether the seller paid the seller fees or not, its the correct ballpark...

You hear someone sold a house, you search on Zillow (although I think the selling price only shows a while after theyve had the closing), and then for mortgage like someone said upthread, you look on acris.

Thanks. I have checked Zillow. I never heard of Acris before, but that's very helpful. Thanks to all who mentioned that.

I was curious about closing costs, moving costs, etc.... so I can get an accurate estimate before jumping into something...

But I guess if nobody is willing to share, Tongue Out

If I buy a house iyh, I hope to not be the same way. I will bl'n share if it can assist others.

amother
Rainbow

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 5:14 pm
Do Imas think they can be traced, or get an Ayin Hara, even posting as Ima? LOL

Im not getting this.

amother
Mulberry

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 5:17 pm
Yeah lol ! I just bought a house in Lakewood and ppl ask me irl all the time how much I paid I have no problem saying and as others said they can always google

amother
Hyacinth

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 5:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks. I have checked Zillow. I never heard of Acris before, but that's very helpful. Thanks to all who mentioned that.

I was curious about closing costs, moving costs, etc.... so I can get an accurate estimate before jumping into something...

If I buy a house iyh, I hope to not be the same way. I will bl'n share if it can assist others.

Closing costs you can google for a closing cost calculator it will give you all the fees etc. Moving obviously depends on location and how much you have.

amother
Pistachio

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 5:34 pm
I recently had a free consultation with a mortgage broker. They should be able to give you all this info. It’s not secret.
Way out of my price range unfortunately

Fave

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 5:45 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Where can you see how much they took out on a mortgage?

On Acris

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 6:16 pm
Fave wrote:
On Acris

just went onto acris. I see property tax info, not how much they put down for mortgage. how can I find that?

fleetwood

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 6:17 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
This. You can't see what someone put down.

Of course you can. It shows purchase price and mortgage amount...you subtract to get the amount put down

pknt

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 6:34 pm
amother [ Eggplant ] wrote:
This is private info. I'm not sharing even anonymously.

amother [ Orange ] wrote:
Same here

Why not?

amother
Rainbow

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 6:36 pm
fleetwood wrote:
Of course you can. It shows purchase price and mortgage amount...you subtract to get the amount put down

Yes, thats what I posted above.

A 3 family luxury house over 20' wide property but under 30', in the heart of BP recently sold for a little over 3 million, and the mortgage taken out was 2.5 million. So about 800,000 was put down.

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 7:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

This!
Why can't ppl share? We were in the hosie market not too long ago and I wish people could be transparent with information like this. It helps SO much to just know what kinda numbers you are looking at.
I wish I could help you OP but we are in a different state.
Good luck!

Tip: definitely have a nice chunk at the side for emergencies. Sometimes they happen, sometimes they don't. However, sometimes when it rains, it pours!

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 7:14 pm
Op no worries you didn’t ask anything too private.
I can’t understand why people wouldn’t share this anonymously. You don’t even have to give exact amounts, you can just do ballpark. It can be helpful to others.
I’m in the process of possibly buying something now and I would gladly share once I have the details.

fleetwood

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 7:17 pm

I responded before reading all the comments

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 7:22 pm
amother [ Ghostwhite ] wrote:
Op no worries you didn’t ask anything too private.
I can’t understand why people wouldn’t share this anonymously. You don’t even have to give exact amounts, you can just do ballpark. It can be helpful to others.
I’m in the process of possibly buying something now and I would gladly share once I have the details.

Thank you. I think it's kinda ridiculous that people won't answer....

amother
Acacia

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 9:01 pm
I bought within the past few years. My house was 990. Put down around 230 including closing costs. Had to put in 200 was dilapidated so did the minimum. Everything is an absolute fortune. Don’t forget u need things like mezuzah, lights.. they don’t cost a lot each but when you buy for an entire home it adds up. I suggest having 3 months of expenses put away. It will save you after you purchase. We didnt have that and it was very hard. A lot of things came up. Like the plumbing was wrong in a bathtub and leaked thru the ceiling. Out mortgage is around 3500. Which is the same as renting for the size apt we would need so made sense to borrow some money and buy. We did have money but not enough. Also remember landscaping, water and gas if you don’t pay that now. And all bills will be higher because more space. Also if there is very little insulation it’ll cost more to heat or cool your house. Buying thick curtains will conceal the air inside and help save a little bit. Will you have to buy more furniture. Will you bring what you have and buy slowly once you move.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 10:13 pm
I recently looked at a house approx 1.8mil. Based on calculations, we would need to put down close to 500. Mortgage approx 7,000/month.
And then renovations, needed a lot of work about 200.
Astronomical Can't Believe It

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 10:49 pm
Friends just bought in the heart of bp for 2.5 attached on both sides.

amother
Dimgray

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 10:57 pm
I have no problem sharing anon if I can help out.

I just bought a 3000 sq condo a few month ago brand new for 1.3 mil range, put down close to 350K
plus closing and taxes of 70K. Mortgage close to 5K a month.

amother
Rainbow

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 11:09 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
Friends just bought in the heart of bp for 2.5 attached on both sides.

How big a house, and how old?

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 11:12 pm
I paid 1.7m a year ago. Down a little over 500k. Monthly Mortgage is close to 6k.

It’s insane
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating