Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
All ruined :(
1  2  Next

yo'ma

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 3:59 am
Wasn’t sure to put this is in emotional health, finances, fashion, or shopping. 4 of my skirts that I like the most got ruined by bleach. Huge blotches!! Don’t ask how. And they were new. I can’t get new ones so easily because they don’t have skirts like that here and I don’t like shopping here. I’m so upset!!!! It’s only clothing, but doesn’t make it any less disappointing. I say it makes sense that the things you like the best get ruined the quickest because you use it the most, but not this way!!

amother
Oldlace

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 4:01 am
I'm so sorry.
Any chance they can be dyed?

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 4:02 am
Oh no! You are entitled to be upset over this. I'd be upset too, especially if they were my favorites.

Go ahead and be cranky for a while. Have a cup of coffee, and take some deep breaths.

May it be a kapparah, and may you find even nicer skirts soon (and at a better price!)

yo'ma

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 4:37 am
amother [ Oldlace ] wrote:
I'm so sorry.
Any chance they can be dyed?

Even if it can, it won’t look the same.

yo'ma

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 4:37 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Oh no! You are entitled to be upset over this. I'd be upset too, especially if they were my favorites.

Go ahead and be cranky for a while. Have a cup of coffee, and take some deep breaths.

May it be a kapparah, and may you find even nicer skirts soon (and at a better price!)

Thank you and amen!!

naomi2

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 4:44 am
That's so upsetting!!!!

zaq

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 4:44 am
If they were for Shabbat or for the office, let it be for a Kapparah. If they were for casual wear, fill a spray bottle with bleach, spray the skirts all over, then quickly rinse as soon as the white spots show up. Enjoy your new splatter-pattern skirts. They may not be the first stare of fashion, but splatter-pattern goes in and out of style every so often.

yo'ma

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 4:55 am
zaq wrote:
If they were for Shabbat or for the office, let it be for a Kapparah. If they were for casual wear, fill a spray bottle with bleach, spray the skirts all over, then quickly rinse as soon as the white spots show up. Enjoy your new splatter-pattern skirts. They may not be the first stare of fashion, but splatter-pattern goes in and out of style every so often.

For the jean skirt that’s possible, but not the others. I don’t like that style though.

thatworn

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 5:39 am
Does it work to colour them with permanent marker of the same shade? I only have black skirts (call me boring) so that works for me ... I am sorry you are going through this. It is so so hard to find clothes one likes.

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 6:05 am
I’m sorry op, that’s so upsetting. I live oot and know how hard it can be to get skirts. I was recently in NY and spent a ton stocking up on skirts because we rarely go.

If you post specific info about your skirts, maybe we can help you locate replacements online?

yo'ma

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 8:29 am
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
I’m sorry op, that’s so upsetting. I live oot and know how hard it can be to get skirts. I was recently in NY and spent a ton stocking up on skirts because we rarely go.

If you post specific info about your skirts, maybe we can help you locate replacements online?

Thanks, but I like shopping in person. I looked at one of the skirts and it made a hole in it. That’s not salvageable in the least.

chanchy123

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 8:39 am
yo'ma wrote:
Thanks, but I like shopping in person. I looked at one of the skirts and it made a hole in it. That’s not salvageable in the least.

Can you buy the same skirts online and have them sent to you?

amother
Canary

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 8:48 am
If they sell the skirts where I live (Monsey NY)I would love to pick one up for you and ship it to you

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 9:38 am
yo'ma wrote:
Wasn’t sure to put this is in emotional health, finances, fashion, or shopping. 4 of my skirts that I like the most got ruined by bleach. Huge blotches!! Don’t ask how. And they were new. I can’t get new ones so easily because they don’t have skirts like that here and I don’t like shopping here. I’m so upset!!!! It’s only clothing, but doesn’t make it any less disappointing. I say it makes sense that the things you like the best get ruined the quickest because you use it the most, but not this way!!

where did u buy the skirts? maybe someone here can get replacements for u and ship to you?

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 9:39 am
oh lol now I’m reading through replies and I see this was already suggested

Crookshanks

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 12:12 pm
That's so so frustrating! I've also ruined my favorite skirts with bleach. It happened so often that now I don't even keep bleach in my house because I don't trust myself with it.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 1:33 pm
Uch, that is so upsetting!! 😡

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 1:33 pm
If they're all from one store, is it possible to call and see if they have the same replacements, and have them mailed to you?
I hate when these things happen!!

mfb

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 1:38 pm
So sorry that happened to you.
I stopped using bleach many years ago after I ruined something.

amother
Clear

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 7:37 pm
So upsetting!
Suggestion: if they're new you can call the store , tell them your size and have them ship it to you.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics