Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
All ruined :(
Previous  1  2

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 8:28 pm
yo'ma wrote:
Wasn’t sure to put this is in emotional health, finances, fashion, or shopping. 4 of my skirts that I like the most got ruined by bleach. Huge blotches!! Don’t ask how. And they were new. I can’t get new ones so easily because they don’t have skirts like that here and I don’t like shopping here. I’m so upset!!!! It’s only clothing, but doesn’t make it any less disappointing. I say it makes sense that the things you like the best get ruined the quickest because you use it the most, but not this way!!

This a story took place last year.
I went into a pharmacy and got a bottle of bleach. Not knowing that the packaging of the bleach wasn’t sealed well, I lifted it and held it against me. I come to the register and got such a shock when I looked down at myself! My maternity top and skirt (I’m specifically writing maternity because it’s murder to find decent clothing that you actually feel good in) got bleached up really badly. It was the first time wearing the skirt and the second time wearing the top. I tried telling the manager there what happened, I wanted compensation but to no avail.
I literally cried the entire way home I was so upset I called my husband and was crying so bad that he decided to go into the shop too but they wouldn’t help him either. Then we decided on another route and emailed clorox directly I sent a receipt of the pharmacy, receipt of my clothing purchase and pictures of the damaged clothing. I thought we were doing something crazy like why would they believe me but to my surprise we got a check in the mail of $249.37 dollars!!
So if just sayin if your clothing got damaged because of wrong packaging then try your luck! Go for it! ( your issue was buying the skirts but I’m writing this just in case they were pricey ones and you want the money back)

rachelli66

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 3:27 am
I would be Super upset! I'm not the biggesr buyer, it takes me a while to go shopping so this would be really tough for me if it happened. So Sorry it happened to you.

yo'ma

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 3:51 am
Thank you so much everyone for all your kind words and help. I bought a whole bunch of clothing when I was there in the summer from all over. I have no idea what I got from where. I guess when I go in again, I will have to go on another shopping spree Smile . For now, I will have to make due with what I have.

As for bleach, I also don’t buy bleach. I’ve ruined clothing in the past. This was not mine and it was actually more than bleach, but a really strong soap that has bleach in it. As for the poster who said they got money from Clorox, ha, there’s no such thing as customer service here. That’s mostly only in America.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 5:46 am
I remember as a girl coming home from camp & packed the started bleach bottle into my laundry sack with my dirty clothes, they all got ruined.
It was a stupid move.

Another time, my cleaning lady threw a load into the washer consisting of my kids swimming clothes they used at a hotel at a shabbaton together with their new shabbos clothes, they all got ruined. P.S. I didn't own laundry bleach in my home.

Once I gave a light color sweater into the cleaners but it came back with pen marks, as it was cleaned together with someone clothing that had left a pen in the pocket. They didn't want to compensate for the damage, they said they can refund only the price of the cleaning & give me a little discount for the next time I clean with them, which of course I didnt.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics