Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Was gifted money towards a wig
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 4:23 pm
And I really want to buy a virgin hair, unprocessed wig.

I am dirty blonde, was never happy with the coloring of processed wigs, but thats what I could afford.
Now with this gift money, I want a wig that is exactly my color, and will not oxidize.

What companies should I look into?

amother
Stonewash

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 4:28 pm
I’m a sm, will try to help u. What’s ur budget and what length do u need?
Israeli wigs are stunning like the Yafi and the Ruchi Amit but you’re not going to get that ashy color if that’s what you want

amother
Springgreen

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 4:33 pm
As a fellow blonde, I don’t think that’s possible unfortunately. The very natural blonde hair wigs oxidize red quickly. I am so much happier with my cheap wigs than my super expensive Dini’s.

amother
Strawberry

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 4:36 pm
amother [ Springgreen ] wrote:
As a fellow blonde, I don’t think that’s possible unfortunately. The very natural blonde hair wigs oxidize red quickly. I am so much happier with my cheap wigs than my super expensive Dini’s.
This. Natural color = almost instant red. Learned that the hard way.

amother
Strawberry

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 4:39 pm
amother [ Stonewash ] wrote:
I’m a sm, will try to help u. What’s ur budget and what length do u need?
Israeli wigs are stunning like the Yafi and the Ruchi Amit but you’re not going to get that ashy color if that’s what you want
Dirty blonde doesn’t usually mean ashy. Op maybe you can be more specific on the shade you want. But I agree, if you want the color to last more than a few months natural isn’t the way to go. I’ve had to dye my natural colored wigs multiple times. If they start out dyed the color holds in my experience.

SDmother

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 4:40 pm

Same!

amother
Ultramarine

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 5:07 pm
I am a light ash dirty blonde color and I was told that my exact color doesn't look good in a wig. My SM suggested going cheaper because the Israeli ones are always warmer. If you're a warm dirty blonde then it might be better for you.

amother
Stonewash

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 5:31 pm
amother [ Strawberry ] wrote:
Dirty blonde doesn’t usually mean ashy. Op maybe you can be more specific on the shade you want. But I agree, if you want the color to last more than a few months natural isn’t the way to go. I’ve had to dye my natural colored wigs multiple times. If they start out dyed the color holds in my experience.

Lol ur color is strawberry.
95% of the time “dirty blonde” is that super common mouse-y color that half of the frum world wears. Just talking from experience.. yes this is MUCH more achievable in cheap. Only bringing this up cuz OP specified about looking for her color

amother
Strawberry

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 6:24 pm
amother [ Stonewash ] wrote:
Lol ur color is strawberry.
95% of the time “dirty blonde” is that super common mouse-y color that half of the frum world wears. Just talking from experience.. yes this is MUCH more achievable in cheap. Only bringing this up cuz OP specified about looking for her color
LOL I read “your color is strawberry” and thought no, that’s the color of my natural blonde wig after more than a few months. But it’s not MY color and then I realized it was my amother color.

Yes I get that mousy color whenever I get the dyed wigs. What a way to describe it though. Natural wigs sometimes look more like my original hair color, which was a gorgeous gold bronde before I started covering my hair. But it doesn’t last at all.

I’ll be honest op, the wig thing is so hard if you had a unique blond coloring. You aren’t going to be able to get a wig that lasts in your color. Not that I’ve found … if you do find one and have mazel with it please post because I would LOVE to get a wig that’s more like my own coloring and that doesn’t oxidize badly. But I think it’s just the nature of the color.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 11:28 am
Thanks for all the replies.

Yes, I am an ash blonde. So basiclly its not worth getting an expensive wig at all? I don't udnerstand; why do they exist? They for sure look better than the cheap ones somehow....

My budget is pretty flexible, probably up to $5k

amother
Stonewash

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 11:43 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Yes, I am an ash blonde. So basiclly its not worth getting an expensive wig at all? I don't udnerstand; why do they exist? They for sure look better than the cheap ones somehow....

You have to go see them for yourself. If u chance upon one that u like the coloring of, then go for it. The hair can’t be compared it’s sooo much nicer

amother
Springgreen

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 12:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

The hair itself may be nicer but it will turn red quickly.

amother
Camellia

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 12:56 pm
This. Natural color = almost instant red. Learned that the hard way.
[b]

Exactly mine turn a burgundy orange color after I dye it. What cheap wig did you get that your happy with.
Did you ever color your cheap wig yet and if so how did the color come out?

amother
Strawberry

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 1:00 pm
The hair itself may be nicer but it will turn red quickly.
Does ash have that same issue? Mine was honey/gold blonde

amother
Springgreen

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 1:03 pm
Does ash have that same issue? Mine was honey/gold blonde

Yes, I am ash. I was never ever happy with my expensive wigs. I got an Irene and felt like myself again.

amother
Strawberry

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 1:04 pm
amother [ Camellia ] wrote:
[b]

Exactly mine turn a burgundy orange color after I dye it. What cheap wig did you get that your happy with.
Did you ever color your cheap wig yet and if so how did the color come out?
After you dyed it was orange? The SM dyed with brown and that helped color correct but it didn’t last very long. It looked nice after it was dyed.

I keep hopping around, right now I have a sary. They all are quite similar though. Do you mean color or highlight? The color stayed so I didn’t need to dye. I haven’t highlighted it because I wasn’t sure how it would come out. Wonder if it’s worth doing.

amother
Strawberry

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 1:07 pm
Yes, I am ash. I was never ever happy with my expensive wigs. I got an Irene and felt like myself again.
My 7 year old is ash blonde. I’ll have to remember that Laugh no natural wigs for any of us then. Interesting that it turns red.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 1:09 pm
I am more of a golden blonde but my natural hair wig that I’ve had for 6 years is still in perfect condition. I bought it from a woman named Yael Hirsch in cedarhurst. She hand sews different color hairs into the wig to make a perfect match, and when I wanted to add highlights a few years later they came out great and have not oxidised.

amother
Camellia

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 1:19 pm
Golden blond is easier ( still wouldn’t get the right color on a processsed wig) then white blonde. I am a mixture of white and dirty blonde. It sucks. I can pay money to a sheitel of my dreams but it would only look nice till it’s colored. My custom virgin hair sheitel all turned so funky after I colored them. Professional colorist btw. Very frustrating

amother
Narcissus

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 1:22 pm
I have light brown very ashy hair and have been really happy with Yaffie Begun virgin wigs. They’re mostly sold in Crown Heights and are not overpriced (relatively). I have two and they have not oxidized significantly. One is close to 4 years old. And I beg to differ with some posters, real natural ash can look elegant and beautiful. The trick is finding one with dimension. The dyed color rarely has the same complexity and warmth (yes even ashy hair has warmth) and tends to look grey. And they turn orangey far faster than undyed hair ever will.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels