Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Question for sheitel machers on closed lace front

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 8:14 pm
I have a lace front wig and would like to close the lace. I've seen it on other wigs and I think it's a good balance for what I am looking for. I sent in my sheitel to have the lace closed and was told that the company asked if we should remove the hair and fold over a lot of the lace as close as possible to where it meets the rest of the wig or if we should close the lace minimally meaning just fold over a small portion of the lace which wouldn't be as secure but I guess would still be a closed lace since it's still folded under a little but there would still be a nice portion of lace before it meets the wig. I spent a lot of money on the wig and I'm nervous to make a decision since I don't want to ruin it. Wanted to see if anyone with experience has some input.

Thanks!

amother
IndianRed

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 9:59 am
Bumping this up

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 10:43 am
amother IndianRed wrote:
Bumping this up

OP here. I ended up getting it closed without them actually removing the hair- they just folded over a portion of it and I'm very happy with it. Let me know if you have any questions.

amother
Sand

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 3:20 pm
Can I ask who closed it for you?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 8:41 pm
amother Sand wrote:
Can I ask who closed it for you?

my sheitel macher sent it back to the company and they closed it

mammale

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 8:52 pm
Glad it worked out for you! What is the benefit of this over lining, or having no lace?

amother
Sand

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 9:00 pm
amother OP wrote:
my sheitel macher sent it back to the company and they closed it

How much did they charge? The lady who put in my lace front wants an extra $200 to close it…

amother
Sand

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 9:01 pm
mammale wrote:
Glad it worked out for you! What is the benefit of this over lining, or having no lace?

When you line lace the front section is still open, so if can still fray easily, and it still looks like “lace”.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 9:09 pm
amother Sand wrote:
How much did they charge? The lady who put in my lace front wants an extra $200 to close it…

I can't remember exactly because it was like a year and a half/two years ago but I want to say around 150

amother
Pansy

Post Thu, Aug 31 2023, 10:08 pm
amother Sand wrote:

I lined and closed my lace front I paid 350!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels