Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Versatile wig - which to buy

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 8:30 pm
I want my next wig to be able to be switched from sleek straight to wavy between wash&sets. Do I look for a wavy piece and have it blown straight, or rather a straight wig and have it set wavy? Does it matter if it's more processed vs more natural hair? Thanks for the advice!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 8:45 am
Anyone?

amother
Tuberose

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 5:44 pm
A silky straight wig won't hold a curl for more than a few days. A wavy wig will stay straight for longer, but the heat and pulling required to straighten it aren't good for the wig long term. Either will revert to its natural state it if gets wet.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 6:06 pm
I recently bought a naturally wavy daniel wig that I love. I wear it for shabbos, weekday, work, in between - everything

I just realized that I misunderstood your question. I had a ita fischer wig that I switched from sleek to curly. It was very fine hair so she added some curly wefts to help hold the set when I did it wavy. Maybe you can do something like that.

nicole81

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 6:51 pm
I would not spend the money on naturally wavy hair if you're going to apply heat so often to make it sleek and straight. It will cost more and you're just going to be ruining the hair. I'd go with a cheaper, more processed wig. Look for one that dries straight but not stick straight and smooth.

That said, if you're willing to spend on unprocessed hair, I would just purchase 2 cheaper wigs from the same company, one wavy and one straight (for example something like 2 milano pony wigs on sale in the same color and length but different textures).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels