Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Would you dress up a 2 year old boy as a kallah?
1  2  3  4  5  Next

Would you dress up a 2 year old boy as a kallah?
yes  
 28%  [ 68 ]
no  
 71%  [ 171 ]
Total Votes : 239

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 11:27 pm
?

flowerpower

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 11:28 pm
I don’t. Boys dress as boy costumes and girls the same.... never went for boys being ballerinas and kallahs

sky

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 11:33 pm
No

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 11:34 pm
I might not get another miracle and I figured ill see what it feels like to dress up a little girl!

dankbar

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 11:35 pm
I dressed my toddler boys in ballerina & princess costumes. That was before I had girls.

amother
PlumPink

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 11:35 pm
I dressed my 2 year old as a ballerina. It’s purim! It’s allowed to be Venuhapoch hu!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 11:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I might not get another miracle and I figured ill see what it feels like to dress up a little girl!

a little girl who likes tractors, cars highways, and train tracks!

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 11:37 pm
It used to be a firm no for me but these days I say who cares. If the kid wants it, have fun. If the kid says no please don’t do it.

amother
Magnolia

Post Mon, Jan 03 2022, 11:37 pm
You know what? Your the mom. If u feel fine doing it then do it! Not everyone has the same sense of humor. I’m dressing my toddler going they the WORST terrible twos as the devil . I think it’s very funny and appropo but I can totally see people bugging out thinking it’s not funny at all

amother
Peru

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 12:01 am
No plus it's assur.

chanatron1000

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 12:02 am
No, but I wouldn't dress up a girl as a kallah either.

agreer

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 12:13 am
amother [ Peru ] wrote:
No plus it's assur.

No, it's not assur for a 2 year old.

It's assur for a 20 year old.

2 year olds can do whatever they want. If they want to dress as a kallah, they can.

amother
Poinsettia

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 12:20 am
Years ago I dressed 2yo DS as Queen Esther (he had long gorgeous curly light brown hair) and dressed baby DD as Mordechai (she had no hair to speak of).

(I did put a yarmulka on under his crown, because he was already wearing one.)

I did it under the assumption that Lo Silbash does not apply in the regular sense on Purim, because gender-specific clothing boundaries are blurred when everyone is in costume, but later heard that not every halachic authority allows it.

So I probably would not do it again, although they were absolutely adorable.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 12:22 am
chanatron1000 wrote:
No, but I wouldn't dress up a girl as a kallah either.

Why?

BrisketBoss

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 12:36 am
Probably I wouldn't but I don't think there's anything wrong with it in theory. Same with dressing little girls in a male costume. In some circles some of the men cross dress on Purim because of v'nahafochu but the women never do because of hilchos tznius and the costumes would look funny with skirts. I kind of get that but it seems unfair! Might as well have fun while they're too young for it to matter.

I agree with others that 'cross dressing' a toddler because they want it is better than doing it because you wish you had a child whom you could dress like the opposite s-x...

Last edited by BrisketBoss on Tue, Jan 04 2022, 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 12:37 am
If he wants it then maybe but I wouldn't put it on him otherwise. I have four boys and wanted a girl, but I don't think I could handle more kids emotionally. I get your curiosity, and if you have pain then that too. Otherwise, maybe get a doll to dress and have your boy push her around in a stroller, like he's her daddy.
That being said, my husband was dressed as a girl for Purim by his older sister until he got a little sister. Anyway, he doesn't like dressing up because of this.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 12:38 am
agreer wrote:
No, it's not assur for a 2 year old.

It's assur for a 20 year old.

2 year olds can do whatever they want. If they want to dress as a kallah, they can.

I guess it’s ask your LOR
Mine also says assur. Cannot dress boy clothing designed specifically for girls.
Obviously everyone should ask their own. But please don’t tell ppl halacha.

To op
Personally I think you should love and appreciate your son for who he is and not try to make him into something he is not. He is a miracle that is a boy and should be lived for that.

amother
Lotus

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 1:45 am
Yes I did just that. DS2 had adorable wavy hair. I dressed him up as a kallah with makeup and earrings too. His older brother was the chassan. It was super adorable in my opinion.

amother
Anemone

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 3:13 am
No way! Nothing that is explicitly female. I would be fine with a unicorn (even with some pink on it) at age 2.

Tof Umachol

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 3:15 am
Sure - if he wants to.

My son always wanted to wear makeup and nail polish like his sisters, and Purim was a great opportunity to do that. One year we dressed him as a "lady" with the full works. He even wore pantyhose. No one recognized him. It was hysterical and he loved it.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics