Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
1 year old refusing to drink

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 7:16 pm
All day! She had 1 morning bottle. She's refusing the rest. I thought she would be thirsty for her night time bottle and she's refusing. What to do?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 7:24 pm
I already left a message for the Dr

amother
Heather

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 7:25 pm
At a year she doesn’t need bottles. Drinking cups throughout the day is fine. So if she had one bottle she’s probably fine. I would switch to having a sippy cup of water available near her all day.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 7:34 pm
She usually drinks bottles. She's getting over a cold and teething too. Super cranky. And doesn't like sippy cups.

abaker

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 9:16 pm
Is she eating and drinking and just doesn't want formula? Peeing regularly?

allgood

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 9:27 pm
If you are worried that she didnt get enough fluids/food today and she seems to not be feeling well it may be a good idea to give her a bit of tylenol to help her feel better. I feel like sometimes we will take medication when we are in that state, but dont end up realizing how bad our child is really feeling.

I'm not a doctor or a medical professional so ask your doctor if that's okay for your child.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 9:45 pm
I gave her tylenol earlier today but she's still extremely fussy after getting the tylenol. The Dr suggested Pedialyte. She had 4oz. I hope she'll drink more tomorrow.

@abaker- refused both formula and water. Pushed the bottle away as soon as she saw it.

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 10:56 pm
Ear infection or teething.
Please have a dr check her ears.

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 10:58 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
Ear infection or teething.
Please have a dr check her ears.

For my kids they often come together! Also, they will usually take ices or grapes even if not drinking bottles or water.

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 11:21 pm
amother [ Whitesmoke ] wrote:
For my kids they often come together! Also, they will usually take ices or grapes even if not drinking bottles or water.

I would try a popsicle or freeze pop like whitesmoke said

momof2+?

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 11:26 pm
Are you worried she’s dehydrated? Try a freeze pop, ice cube in a cup, juice with a straw, fruit she could help herself to...
If she’s feeling miserable, you may have to get some medicine into her so that she starts acting reasonably.

amother
Dustypink

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 11:30 pm
ugh please dont give pedialyte its full of garbage

your baby is probably teething or not feeling well. going through this now with my 11 mo old.
I dont force her to drink either. I offer a bottle and if she wants she takes. I also offer real food and if she wants she takes.

do you want milk when youre sick? her body knows what she needs.

just keep offering and also offer water.

when my baby isnt well I monitor her diapers to make sure she has enough and also I offer warm tea. as long as shes hydrated. eventually she starts wanting milk again
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics