Home

Experiences with facial laser, worth it?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 6:48 pm
can anyone share there experience a while after doing laser on the face?
was it worth it? did it grow back at all later on? is there any better solution for facial hair removal other then electrolysis? trying to find the best and quickest option.
Back to top

amother




Viola
 

Post Tue, Jan 04 2022, 6:56 pm
I did electrolysis and was really happy with the results. My dd needs to do something about her lip and I wonder if laser works there....electrolysis is just so time consuming and can be painful.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 7:20 am
amother [ Viola ] wrote:
I did electrolysis and was really happy with the results. My dd needs to do something about her lip and I wonder if laser works there....electrolysis is just so time consuming and can be painful.

exactly, was hoping laser would prove to be a better option but I've been hearing mixed reviews.
Back to top

amother




Jean
 

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 7:50 am
I had lasor on chin, lip, and a bit on sides. It was used as a way to jumpstart the hair removal because it was so thick and so many hairs. I think I did two or three sessions and then switched over to electrolysis m. At that point it was much less hair and the hairs were more fine. Was very happy
Back to top

amother




Vermilion
 

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 7:56 am
I did electrolysis for a while but it caused scarring so I switched to laser which my skin tolerated more. it did cause stray hairs to grow on my cheeks and jaw line but I still rather laser than tiny red scars all over my face. I find that the hair on the face is hormonal and won't go away with any hair removal.
Back to top

amother




Viola
 

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 7:59 am
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
I did electrolysis for a while but it caused scarring so I switched to laser which my skin tolerated more. it did cause stray hairs to grow on my cheeks and jaw line but I still rather laser than tiny red scars all over my face. I find that the hair on the face is hormonal and won't go away with any hair removal.


So interesting because the hair on my face went away with electrolysis and I haven't been back in 15 years. Laser is taking forever on my body even though I have light skin and thick dark hair. The hair just won't go away.
Back to top

amother




Vermilion
 

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 8:03 am
amother [ Viola ] wrote:
So interesting because the hair on my face went away with electrolysis and I haven't been back in 15 years. Laser is taking forever on my body even though I have light skin and thick dark hair. The hair just won't go away.


it really depends on the technician in both cases. could be that the person who did my electrolysis wasnt good and the person that is doing your laser isnt good.
that being said I wonder who you used for electrolysis because maybe I would try a different person to see if that makes a difference in how my body responds to it. would you share?
Back to top

Chayalle




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 8:06 am
Laser is less effective in the long term when hormonal changes will take place. I did laser on my face (upper lip and eyebrow) after the birth of my youngest child, and it was game changing for me. Made my life so much easier! But hormonal fluctuations have been minimal for me at this point.

My DD did same and it did not last for her, as she's still a young lady, girls/teens/young adults experience much more hormonal shifts. She ended up switching to electrolysis.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 2:44 pm
Thanks for all responses. I called a number of people in Lakewood and couldnt find anyone who would perform laser on the face. they told me it could cause dormant hair follicles to start growing and can backfire by bringing more hair.
Back to top

amother




Clover
 

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 2:50 pm
I’ve been doing laser in my upper lip at Db. Very happy so far. Only did two treatments but hair isn’t growing back between (6 week gaps)
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries

Related Topics Replies Last Post
How much are these cars worth?
by amother
10 Thu, May 19 2022, 6:49 pm View last post
Outdoor gas grill. Worth it?
by Mamuka
29 Mon, May 16 2022, 10:23 pm View last post
Cost of interior designer and was it worth it?
by amother
0 Wed, May 11 2022, 5:50 pm View last post
S/o can a person do laser or electrolysis during sefira?
by amother
2 Mon, May 09 2022, 5:16 am View last post
Best place for facial in Lakewood
by amother
0 Sun, May 08 2022, 10:47 am View last post