Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Documents to make my baby a citizen

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 12:08 am
Hi all

Id like to make my baby a citizen
Dh is israeli, my baby was born in NY

We got married in e"y our marriage is registered with the rabbanut

I see online that I have to have:

Birth records from the hospital where the mother gave birth.

Confirmation of birth from the obstetrics department of the hospital where the child was born.

​Birth records (at least two):

A letter indicating the birth.

Documents of hospitalization or discharge from the hospital.

Pregnancy tracking starting from the third month.​

Any other reliable document indicating the birth.

I delivered in LIJ (Long island jewish hospital) last year. I dont remember getting a discharge letter. if I call them up is this something they email? also, what are "birth records from the hospital where mother gave birth" ?
and what is pregnancy tracking?

WitchKitty

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 4:25 am
What is LIJ and where is "here"?

myname1

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 5:38 am
WitchKitty wrote:

I was also slightly stumped... I believe OP is in NY and trying to get Israeli citizenship for her baby who was born there.

OP, I have no experience with this, but it sounds like they just want proof that this baby was inside you and came out to be who you said they are. So they gave a few options. From what you posted, the last 4 things are just examples, and any 2 proofs of this will work. Pregnancy tracking would probably be records of going to the OB throughout pregnancy. Like if the doctor wrote up a summary after each visit or something, I would guess. Best of luck and mazal tov!

Reality

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 6:23 am
WitchKitty wrote:

LIJ is Long Island Jewish, a hospital in New York.

Sounds like OP is American, living in NY and married to an Israeli citizen. She wants her baby to become an Israeli citizen as well.

SG18

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 9:55 am
Pregnancy tracking is ultrasounds. They usually ask for two, if possible- I gave one, and it was ok. You can ask your OB to email them to you.
Should have your name and the date on it.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 4:36 pm
oh my gosh!!! I cant believe I was so self centered thinking everyone would assume I was from NY without clearly stating. let me go fix my OPnow Smile

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 4:39 pm
SG18 wrote:
Pregnancy tracking is ultrasounds. They usually ask for two, if possible- I gave one, and it was ok. You can ask your OB to email them to you.
Should have your name and the date on it.

Thank you! Was it a long process for you?
The list is a little confusing. Im not sure if I need (1) Birth records from the hospital where the mother gave birth AND (2) confirmation of birth from the obstetrics department of the hospital where the child was born AND then two additional documents like sonogram pics and discharge papers?

SG18

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 5:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you! Was it a long process for you?
The list is a little confusing. Im not sure if I need (1) Birth records from the hospital where the mother gave birth AND (2) confirmation of birth from the obstetrics department of the hospital where the child was born AND then two additional documents like sonogram pics and discharge papers?

It took a few weeks from sending the email with the documents for approval until they reached out with an appointment.

You need everything. Discharge papers for you and baby, sonogram pictures, anything you have, you should send, honestly. The more, the better
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions