Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Oh no… 6 sets of playmobil all mixed up
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 7:49 am
Even though this cost a few hundred dollars, I’m ready to dump everything.
Some sets were so complicated to build/ put together and now everything got taken apart. All the pieces from all sets are all mixed up.
Right now it’s not bothering anyone but me. I think my kids are really getting too big to sit and play with playmobil. My youngest is 9 and although 2 years ago this was the greatest gift anyone could buy him, he doesn’t seem too interested now.
I tried putting everything in a large storage container but it doesn’t fit!
What could I use for a few sets and pieces in case someone wants to use it again?
Could I give it away all mixed together?
Should I throw it away.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 7:57 am
We keep ours our mixed together. So they can play firefighters call the cops who get the bad guys who escaped on a helicopter and then went to jail … all in one

amother
Anemone

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 8:08 am
ugh
depends
sometimes I do just chuck it all in a bag and give it away to a chesed organization
and use it as a teachable moment for the kids depending upon their ages, not punitive, but a natural consequence

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 8:13 am
Unfortunately our sets always get mixed up too fast. But my kids are the ones playing with multiple sets at a time. They enjoy new scenes and get creative with it. Same with Lego. I used to get annoyed, but then saw all the things they came up with.

kenz

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 8:32 am
I doubt anyone manages to keep all their Playmobil separate- it’s not how kids play. Definitely give it away. I gave away three huge boxes of Playmobil all mixed together years ago and the recipient was absolutely delighted.

Success10

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 8:37 am
It bothers me to no end how mixed up our playmobil is, and like you, the kids could not care less. I need to learn to let go.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 8:40 am
I didnt even think it's possible to keep the sets separate. if they get played together then they get mixed up. the kids will not bother to put each tiny peice in a sep box of the set it came with.

I have two huge containers, one for the girly PM and one for the boyish stuff. It works for us.
the rest of my toys are very organized and separated. PM is just impossible.

amother
Dustypink

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 8:43 am
I keep all sets in separate bins and one bin for figures and one bin for animals. The kids play with afew set's together, but they pack it away separate.
I don't take apart the big structures once it's set up. I keep it in the closet on a shelf.

zaq

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 8:54 am
Give it away as is. Just make sure the pieces are clean--don't give it away all icky and sticky.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 11:19 am
amother [ Anemone ] wrote:
ugh
depends
sometimes I do just chuck it all in a bag and give it away to a chesed organization
and use it as a teachable moment for the kids depending upon their ages, not punitive, but a natural consequence

You mean a garbage bag?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 11:22 am
amother [ Dustypink ] wrote:
I keep all sets in separate bins and one bin for figures and one bin for animals. The kids play with afew set's together, but they pack it away separate.
I don't take apart the big structures once it's set up. I keep it in the closet on a shelf.

It’s the big structures that came apart.. like the police station and jail. Now what? Put all the structures and random pieces together and hope one day they’ll be bored enough to figure out how to rebuild? Throw it out?
Give it away? Would someone even want it? It’s impossible to know which tiny piece is from which structure.

bk

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 11:24 am
Mine are just all mixed together in a large container. My biggest issue is that the small pieces get lost Sad.
OP - I would be a very happy and grateful recipient if you are really looking to give away/throw out! Are you located in the tristate area?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 11:25 am
bk wrote:
Mine are just all mixed together in a large container. My biggest issue is that the small pieces get lost Sad.
OP - I would be a very happy and grateful recipient if you are really looking to give away/throw out! Are you located in the tristate area?

I’m in Lakewood

groovy1224

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 11:26 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It’s the big structures that came apart.. like the police station and jail. Now what? Put all the structures and random pieces together and hope one day they’ll be bored enough to figure out how to rebuild? Throw it out?
Give it away? Would someone even want it? It’s impossible to know which tiny piece is from which structure.

Of course people would want it! You can google the instructions for any set to see how to put it back together and then just fish out the right pieces. All our lego sets get mixed together and that's how my kids rebuild

amother
Stoneblue

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 11:33 am
I would take it—I’m in Lakewood. My kids play with them all mixed up anyway. But only if your kids are really done with it. All the playmobil I have is others’ old stuff that their kids weren’t using anymore Smile

bk

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 3:04 pm
bk wrote:

I’m in Lakewood

THANK YOU. IF you are serious, can you please PM me so we can coordinate pickup for them?

Thank you!

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 3:13 pm
One person's jumbled up mess, is another person's creative opportunity to have fun.

The toys aren't about you. Nobody is going to kick your kids out of school because you can't keep the sets of Playmobile separate.

If the kids enjoy them, then keep them. If the kids don't want them, then please pass them on!

Whatever you do, ask your kids about it first. They are going to be really mad if they suddenly decide that they want to play with it again.

amother
Anemone

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 3:17 pm
Yup I mean a big sturdy plastic tied garbage bag.

amother
Azalea

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 3:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Even though this cost a few hundred dollars, I’m ready to dump everything.
Some sets were so complicated to build/ put together and now everything got taken apart. All the pieces from all sets are all mixed up.
Right now it’s not bothering anyone but me. I think my kids are really getting too big to sit and play with playmobil. My youngest is 9 and although 2 years ago this was the greatest gift anyone could buy him, he doesn’t seem too interested now.
I tried putting everything in a large storage container but it doesn’t fit!
What could I use for a few sets and pieces in case someone wants to use it again?
Could I give it away all mixed together?
Should I throw it away.

I give you a bracha it should be your worst problem. 🙂

Leave it for the kids to sort out if they want to…otherwise don’t sweat it.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 4:03 pm
I will speak to my kids and see if they are okay giving it away.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics