Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
Whats app blue checks

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 8:30 am
For some reason one of my contacts do not have a blue check lighting up when I send them a message or voicenote and they see it. Anyone here would know why ?

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 8:31 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
For some reason one of my contacts do not have a blue check lighting up when I send them a message or voicenote and they see it. Anyone here would know why ?

Maybe they turned off read receipts

amother
Lightpink

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 8:32 am
Bec they chose to take them off. It’s a privacy setting. I don’t need people seeing if and when I read their messages. Those same people won’t see who saw their status and won’t show up as seeing other people’s statuses

bgr8ful

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 8:33 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Its a setting.
You can turn on a setting that other ppl shouldn't be able to see when u read their msg, and then they themselves also can't see when someone reads their own msgs. When that setting is on the checks never become blue.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 9:12 am
bgr8ful wrote:
Its a setting.
You can turn on a setting that other ppl shouldn't be able to see when u read their msg, and then they themselves also can't see when someone reads their own msgs. When that setting is on the checks never become blue.
Sounds cool ! could someone here tell me how do I activate the setting ?

bgr8ful

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 9:13 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Sounds cool ! could someone here tell me how do I activate the setting ?

Go to settings, account, privacy, and turn off "read receipts"

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 9:19 am
got it thanks !

amother
NeonBlue

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 9:56 am
Is there a way to set it that the sender doesn't get a blue check when you read their message, but you still get blue checks when other people read yours? Or does it have to be either completely on in both directions or completely off?

watergirl

Post Wed, Jan 05 2022, 9:58 am
amother [ NeonBlue ] wrote:
Is there a way to set it that the sender doesn't get a blue check when you read their message, but you still get blue checks when other people read yours? Or does it have to be either completely on in both directions or completely off?

It's all or nothing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media