Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Big announcement!!
1  2  Next

Kiwi13

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 10:58 am
Be”H, we’re making Aliyah this summer!!!! 🥳

I’m excited and scared and all the other pre-Aliyah feelings. 😊😜😂🙃😭🥳

We’re moving to Afula with Rabbi Cadle’s group. If you’re also going, PLEASE say hi! If you live nearby Afula, please ALSO say hi! (If none of that applies but you still wanna say hi, please say hi!) 😊

cupcake123

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 10:59 am
Hi!
It should be with mazal and bracha!!!

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 11:00 am
Hi! I don't live anywhere near Afula, but am so happy and wish you and your family a wonderful transition. It can be bumpy, but knowing that in advance will help. Yishuv kal!

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 11:01 am
Hatzlacha!!!!!

Kiwi13

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 11:06 am
Thanks! I’m really happy. I hope the scary parts aren’t AS bad as I fear they’ll be. Even if they are, it’s still worth it.

essie14

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 11:20 am
I am so so happy for you!!!!
Looking forward to you joining the Life In Israel forum when you arrive!!!
I hope these next few months go smoothly for you!!!

Last edited by essie14 on Thu, Jan 06 2022, 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total

sequoia

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 11:21 am
Mazel tov!

Siriusly?

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 11:29 am
Kiwi13 wrote:

We’re moving to Afula with Rabbi Cadle’s group. If you’re also going, PLEASE say hi! If you live nearby Afula, please ALSO say hi! (If none of that applies but you still wanna say hi, please say hi!) 😊

Hi!
That's really major! I don't live in or near Afula, but I'm so happy and excited for you!

Reality

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 11:31 am
Mazal tov! Everything should go smoothly!! Yishuv Tov!!

israelimom

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 11:36 am
Mazal tov and welcome to the neighborhood! I live around 25 min from Afula and am there quite often. Happy to answer any questions you may have on the broader region

rachelli66

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 11:54 am
Mazel Tov! I saw the Zoom meeting they had about Afula a few months ago. I didn't realize it was getting off the ground so quickly. Do you have any information about apartments/real estate agents in that area or who pple can speak with? Hatzlocha for you and your family!

WitchKitty

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 11:54 am
Oooh, yay!

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 12:07 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:

Yaaayyyy!!!! IyH may we all be there, sooner!

etky

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 12:13 pm
בשעה טובה ומוצלחת
Nice that you will be moving to a community be"h.
I think that will ease your transition in many ways.

Living Princess

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 12:13 pm
That's fantastic!!! IY"H it should be a smooth transition! You are lucky!!

renny

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 12:35 pm
Made Aliyah this summer to RBS.. with all the challenges I can tell you we are super grateful to be here.. and that the last few weeks leading up to the move were really really intense..
But once we were here, actually being here was way easier than dealing with the anxiety of getting here if that makes sense..
You’re welcome to PM me:))

Kiwi13

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 1:20 pm
essie14 wrote:
I am so so happy for you!!!!
Looking forward to you joining the Life In Israel forum when you arrive!!!
I hope these next few months go smoothly for you!!!

Ooh I get to be in a new forum! Yay! :-)

Kiwi13

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 1:25 pm
Thank you everyone!!! :-)

About this community, they're starting it in phases. Phase one begins this summer, and it's not in the exact area where the community will end up (we're renting in a building down the road from Afula Illit for a few years until the new neighborhood is built). The schools and everything are starting this year, but I think there will probably be some adjustments as things go along. It's important to us to be there from the beginning so we can adjust and grow WITH the community. It'll hopefully be easier for us and for our kids.

Originally we were looking at going NEXT summer, but a combination of factors made us decide to push ourselves to go this year instead. Some of it is financial, some of it is ease of going with the first group and being there from the beginning to grow with the community, like I said, and also, our twins are starting kindergarten in the fall. One of them has significant special needs and will need to go to a different school (we have our hearts set on Tzohar l'Tohar in Rechasim). That was the number one factor that pushed us from "probably" to "yes, NOW."

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Jan 07 2022, 5:30 am
renny wrote:
Made Aliyah this summer to RBS.. with all the challenges I can tell you we are super grateful to be here.. and that the last few weeks leading up to the move were really really intense..
But once we were here, actually being here was way easier than dealing with the anxiety of getting here if that makes sense..
You’re welcome to PM me:))

Howdy neighbor! I'm in RBS, so let me know if I can help.

Kiwi13, keep in mind that while we are in galus - no matter where you go, things will be 50% bad, and 50% good. Rebbetzin Jungreis said that Hashem gave us two eyes, so that when we go into a situation like shidduchim or Aliyah, we can be realistic. One of our eyes sees the good, and one sees the bad.

Once you have made a commitment, you will have the best chance of success is to see with your ayin tov, the good eye. I'm not saying to be blind to the bad, but where you keep your focus will have a huge impact on your adjustment.

Wishing you an easy transition and only good things!

Let me know when you're settled. I think I feel a road trip coming on. Very Happy

grace413

Post Fri, Jan 07 2022, 5:39 am
Wonderful! Welcome!

The younger the kids are the easier it is.

PM me to join Life in Israel after you get here.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions