Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
COVID hives

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 5:18 pm
My baby tested positive for COVID 4 days ago. After a few days of low fever, his temperature returned to normal, but then he broke out in hives all over his front and back torso, plus neck and head/face. We sent some pictures of it to our pediatricians and they said that based on the timing it's probably from COVID, should go away by itself, and to let them know if it doesn't resolve in a few days.

Anyone else or your kids have hives during COVID? Hoping to hear that it just went away and was not a sign of anything dangerous. Me and two other kids are also positive, but we don't have any hives.

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 5:19 pm
Omg!!!! Meeeee

I have been going crazy to figure out what I am reacting to!!!!! It can be covid post infection symptom!!!!@@ argh!!!! After all the aches and pains finished, I have hives.

amother
Dill

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 5:21 pm
Yes, it's not that rare for hives or other rashes to be a symptom of covid.

tigerwife

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 5:21 pm
I broke out in a rash on my hands and feet about three days into Covid. My doctor told me they were seeing this with the Delta variant (this was about five months ago).

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 5:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My baby tested positive for COVID 4 days ago. After a few days of low fever, his temperature returned to normal, but then he broke out in hives all over his front and back torso, plus neck and head/face. We sent some pictures of it to our pediatricians and they said that based on the timing it's probably from COVID, should go away by itself, and to let them know if it doesn't resolve in a few days.

Anyone else or your kids have hives during COVID? Hoping to hear that it just went away and was not a sign of anything dangerous. Me and two other kids are also positive, but we don't have any hives.

Yes, my friend's baby had hives.

Refuah shleima.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 5:32 pm
One of my kids had hives with other viruses, even colds.

amother
Daffodil

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 8:32 pm
yes. My daughter had this- head to toe. It went away within 48 hours

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 8:49 pm
Yes my husband broke out all over his torso, he was prescribed steriods

amother
Lightcyan

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 8:51 pm
My friend didnt have covid or the vaccine but got hives (and had changes to her period) when she was around newly vaccinated people (not interested in an argument about this as we know where its coming from and dont need to be gaslighted about it). Got an allergy shot for it and is fine now.

WhatFor

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 9:25 pm
It's not uncommon to have a rash toward the end of a virus. I've been told by doctors that it's the virus leaving the body which I'm sure is a simplified way of explaining what's actually happening. Although what you're describing sounds a bit more intense.

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 10:47 pm
amother [ Lightcyan ] wrote:
My friend didnt have covid or the vaccine but got hives (and had changes to her period) when she was around newly vaccinated people (not interested in an argument about this as we know where its coming from and dont need to be gaslighted about it). Got an allergy shot for it and is fine now.

What kind of allergy shot? Aren’t the shots specific to the thing the person is allergic to?

amother
Lightyellow

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 11:20 pm
Yes. My son got this. It's the body detoxing the virus if it can't handle the viral overload

amother
Grape

Post Fri, Jan 07 2022, 12:05 am
I am stil suffering from hives. I got the 2nd vaccine 3 weeks ago. Finished a 5 day treatment of steroids today plus I take 2 benadril pills before bed. I had such a rough week. Non stop itchig that woke me up at night. Body completely covered in hives like I have neve had in my life. I tested neg on rapid covid test. I was surrounded by covid at my house..I am starting to feel a bit of a relief but its not completely gone. I also discovered purple dots on some parts of my arm and legs..I am assuming I got vaxxed plus the virus so it was an overload on my immune systen and hope that this will pass..
So glad I am not the only one..

amother
Coffee

Post Fri, Jan 07 2022, 12:19 am
DH got it a year ago. all Dr were puzzled what it was.

Only certain anti allergy otc helps, its scratchy and still under meds... never want a away a year already.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 11:39 pm
amother [ Grape ] wrote:
I also discovered purple dots on some parts of my arm and legs...

Dear amother grape - please discuss this symptoms with your physician. Although nonspecific, purple dots on your skin could be concerning for issues with your blood. Better to see a medical professional than to wait. Rfuah shlaima!

amother
Junglegreen

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 11:56 pm
Purim 2020 my DS suddenly broke out in hives. He was not allergic to anything. He had an anaphylactic reaction. He was in the ER all night. Maimonides had their first COVID patient then. 48 hours later he came down with COVID and so did dh who had been with him. We did bloodwork to check for allergies and it showed a big list of food items. We waited till the allergy doctor opened in June and we did the eating / stress test and except for dust and dust mites he has no food allergy. We think the hives were a prelude to COVID symptoms that came out 48 hours later.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics