Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Coxsackievirus/hand foot mouth- how did rash look like

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 6:17 pm
When it started?
My daughter had fever for 2 days but has strep. Just noticed a weird rash starting on her soles.

amother
Daisy

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 6:27 pm
For my DD it was little bumps kind of like pimples on hands and feet and diaper area.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 6:52 pm
On her face it was red splotches- looked like it could have been exzema or a drool rash. She also had red dots on her legs and arms.

tweety1

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 7:53 pm
It might be scarlet fever. As long as she's on antibiotics she's fine. I had a funny story years ago. Dd woke up with a funny rash. She was feeling perfectly fine. I decided to take her to the dr before she went to school. The dr walks into the room and before even asking why I'm there the dr turns to me and says Mrs. Dash you know your daughter has scarlet fever. Now what can I help you with. Thank you. You've already helped me. The rash often has a nickname called slapped cheek syndrome because that's what it actually looks like.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 8:59 pm
tweety1 wrote:
It might be scarlet fever. As long as she's on antibiotics she's fine. I had a funny story years ago. Dd woke up with a funny rash. She was feeling perfectly fine. I decided to take her to the dr before she went to school. The dr walks into the room and before even asking why I'm there the dr turns to me and says Mrs. Dash you know your daughter has scarlet fever. Now what can I help you with. Thank you. You've already helped me. The rash often has a nickname called slapped cheek syndrome because that's what it actually looks like.

It’s not Can't Believe It we had that 7 weeks ago...

Oh, that’s funny!

And I thought the slapped cheek was parvo/5th disease?

Anyway, going to see what happens overnight and take it from there.

amother
Skyblue

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 9:48 pm
Strep can cause peeling skin especially on toes and feet

amother
Dahlia

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 9:51 pm
amother [ Skyblue ] wrote:
Strep can cause peeling skin especially on toes and feet

Is this true?? My daughter has been just miserable and around low-high 99 for the past few days and not sleeping through the night at all. today she's complaining about her feet itching. But she tested negative for strep and spent a week on antibiotics for an ear infection but maybe it was somehow missed?

amother
Dahlia

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 9:52 pm
If my baby had fever with red dots on his chin and diaper rash, can it be this and is there a reason to bring him to dr?

amother
Skyblue

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 9:55 pm
amother [ Dahlia ] wrote:
Is this true?? My daughter has been just miserable and around low-high 99 for the past few days and not sleeping through the night at all. today she's complaining about her feet itching. But she tested negative for strep and spent a week on antibiotics for an ear infection but maybe it was somehow missed?
Other infections can cause it too. Strep can be missed. It’s hard to know for sure.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics