Home

S/O cholent

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

OP

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 6:58 pm
Anyone know how to make a yum EASY cholent??
Crazy busy and don’t make cuz no time..

amother

Latte

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 7:04 pm
Sauté onions, add Cholent mix, barley, potatoes, meat, salt, garlic powder, paprika, and water.. DELICIOUS!!! I didn’t write measurements because it really depends on how many ppl you’re feeding

amother

Daphne

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 7:07 pm
amother [ Latte ] wrote:
Sauté onions, add Cholent mix, barley, potatoes, meat, salt, garlic powder, paprika, and water.. DELICIOUS!!! I didn’t write measurements because it really depends on how many ppl you’re feeding

You can skip sautéing the onions if you don't have time. You can even just put a whole onion in to the chalont.

cupcake123

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 7:12 pm
I dump in half beans half barley, potatoes cubed (if I'm really in a rush I put in hole) meat, paprika, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, small can tomato sauce. Cover with water. Boom. Delicious 😋

amother

OP

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 8:54 pm
Ty all! And u soak the beans and barely? And check it too?? So time consuming, no?

miriam6

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 8:55 pm
Nope I don't soak the beans😛

amother

Latte

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 10:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ty all! And u soak the beans and barely? And check it too?? So time consuming, no?

I put the beans to cook separately instead of soaking while the onions sauté (it just cooks until the water evaporates- it’s not fully cooked)
And I pay a little more for vacuum packed beans and barley so no checking necessary

Window

Post Fri, Jan 07 2022, 2:01 am
My cholent takes like 5 minutes to put up.
Peel and dice potatoes, beans, barley, all my favorite spices (varies each week), and mix it all in.
I put very fatty meat (lean meat doesn’t work as well) on top, generous amount of oil, and fill it with water to the top. Sometimes I add pareve kishka without the paper to add extra flavor and yumminess.
Turn it on low until ready to eat.
Ta da!

jflower

Post Fri, Jan 07 2022, 3:20 am
amother [ Daphne ] wrote:
You can skip sautéing the onions if you don't have time. You can even just put a whole onion in to the chalont.

Excellent idea. I use onion powder or minced dried onion and my chulent is delicious.
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen