Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Natural eye makeup

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 9:23 pm
For some reason the only eye makeup I know how to do is a thickish top liner and waterline bottom liner. I notice so many women whose eyes look fresher and brighter than mine. Any ideas?

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 9:27 pm
I usually don’t wear eyeliner. When I do, it’s used sparingly. Too much eyeliner makes your eyes look smaller.

The best way to highlight your eyes is by using a little bit of a darker color on the outer corner, a mid-tone shimmer on the lid, and a pop of a light color on the inner corner. Add some mascara and your eyes will look bright and awake.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 9:31 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
I usually don’t wear eyeliner. When I do, it’s used sparingly. Too much eyeliner makes your eyes look smaller.

The best way to highlight your eyes is by using a little bit of a darker color on the outer corner, a mid-tone shimmer on the lid, and a pop of a light color on the inner corner. Add some mascara and your eyes will look bright and awake.

I totally disagree. Eyeliner makes your eyes look much bigger. Put a blue pencil line on the inner rim of bottom eyelashes makes eyes look very bright.

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 9:36 pm
amother [ Honeysuckle ] wrote:
I totally disagree. Eyeliner makes your eyes look much bigger. Put a blue pencil line on the inner rim of bottom eyelashes makes eyes look very bright.

Eyeliner can provide great definition, but it has to be done right. If you use too much dark eyeliner, especially towards the inside of your eyes, it closes them up. Using a lighter color on the waterline can brighten your eyes, but not heavy dark liner.

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 9:44 pm
OP wants her eyes to look fresher and brighter, so she should make sure her eyeliner looks like the top pic and not like the bottom. Add a light shimmer on the lid and inner corner and your eyes will really pop, without looking too heavy.

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 9:51 pm
I'm a makeup artist and I'd love to share some tips:

1. MASACARA!!!! Lashes are what make your eyes pop, not eyeliner. I only wear mascara and my eyes look stunning. People are shocked to realize that I never wear eyeliner.

2. Try wearing only top liner and no bottom liner. Put mascara on your bottom lashes instead. If you want to have a bit more depth on the bottom, use a eyeliner brush to apply some eyeshadow instead of bottom liner.

3. Wear the liner under your bottom lashes, not on your waterline and only on the outer corners. Fade it toward the middle.

4. Put highlighter on the inner corner of your eyes, it really brightens you up.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 06 2022, 9:58 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
I'm a makeup artist and I'd love to share some tips:

1. MASACARA!!!! Lashes are what make your eyes pop, not eyeliner. I only wear mascara and my eyes look stunning. People are shocked to realize that I never wear eyeliner.

2. Try wearing only top liner and no bottom liner. Put mascara on your bottom lashes instead. If you want to have a bit more depth on the bottom, use a eyeliner brush to apply some eyeshadow instead of bottom liner.

3. Wear the liner under your bottom lashes, not on your waterline and only on the outer corners. Fade it toward the middle.

4. Put highlighter on the inner corner of your eyes, it really brightens you up.
so excited I love your tips! What’s your favorite mascara?

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 9:33 pm
Sry took me so long to reply.
Some of my faves:
Too faced better than sx
L’Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes
Maybelline sky high
L'Oreal Lash Paradise

jk7

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 1:38 am
I second that, the Too faced mascara is amazing

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 3:33 am
Put a light color eyeliner in your bottom waterline. I love using all sorts of colors, a neutral nude color though it super flattering as well as a light gold or silver.

Thin line of black or brown liner on your top waterline and mascara on bottom and top lashes.

amother
Daphne

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 8:35 am
LovesHashem wrote:
Put a light color eyeliner in your bottom waterline. I love using all sorts of colors, a neutral nude color though it super flattering as well as a light gold or silver.

Thin line of black or brown liner on your top waterline and mascara on bottom and top lashes.

I have very small dark deep set eyes and this is what I do. Only tightline (that's how top water line is called lol) and also never line all the way to inner corner just phase out about two thirds of the way. Like I'm the pic someone posted above. I also sometimes use white eyeliner on bottom waterline and just mascara on lashes. makes eyes look bigger cuz blends into white of the eye.

Aurora

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 9:03 am
I have very deep eyes, and this is what I do.

Line the other 2/3 of my top lid with black. Line the outer corner (teeeny bit of bottom lid) with black too.
Line the bottom outer 2/3 of my lower lid with navy or purple (sometimes I'll use navy and put the purple on the bottom outer-corner.
Line the inner corner with white, then dust a champagne color eyeshadow on the inner corner.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics