Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Playing with a 6 year old on the couch
Previous  1  2

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Jan 08 2022, 2:03 pm
These are all good suggestions. DD loved Go Fish and UNO cards. (Did you know that a 5yo understands the concept of cheating at cards, knows what cards to hide from you, and strategy to beat you with the hidden cards? I was impressed! Surprised I always said that I was going to take her to Las Vegas. Wink )

DD also liked to line up her dolls or stuffed animals, and play in the living room right next to the sofa. She could tell me about her game, the story she was making up, who was who, but mostly she just wanted to play near me. She wanted to know that I could see her, and that I would say things like "Wow, that's really cool! Did you make that up all by yourself?"

Refuah sheleimah. If you're not in the Women with Chronic Illness forum, you are welcome to join. Hug

amother
Vermilion

Post Sat, Jan 08 2022, 5:26 pm
20 questions
You think of something. She has 20 questions to figure it out. Only yes and no questions.

Travel game
I'm going to Israel (or any country) and I'm packing a _______ in my suitcase. Then the next person has to repeat what you said plus add one more item. Keep going until someone forgets..

devorah1231

Post Sat, Jan 08 2022, 8:37 pm
Meatballs and spaghetti (open a book and read replacing words with so or m with spaghetti and meatballs)
Listen to music like kivi and tuki
Othello
Play doctor/dentist/makeup you being the patient/client
Get a tablet and install kid games, play together
Get a doodle type board and play tic tac toe, boxes, etc
Get sticker books and the crayola markers that color only on special paper so by they don't ruin the couch

dankbar

Post Sat, Jan 08 2022, 10:25 pm
Let your daughter act out something and you have to guess what she is acting out.
Pictionary, she draws something & you guess what it is.
Taboo she picks a card of a word & has to tell a story or act out without using that word & you guess the word.
This way she is doing most of the action ,and you don't need to talk much if you don't have energy. You can make up after 3 guesses she must tell you.

amother
DarkRed

Post Sat, Jan 08 2022, 11:59 pm
I was super sick with corona and spent months on the couch. I got pretty good at laying on the couch with an ottoman or chair set up for games. I was able to play most games like that, but I did find it easier to play card games like, Uno, Snappy Dresser, Go Fish . When I was breathing easier we read a lot of books. She may also enjoy listening to something like Wonderwords together.

Refuah Shlaima!

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 4:37 am
My go to lying on couch games are doctor and makeup.

shirachadasha

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 7:45 am
Ask your child to put on a show for you with stuffed animals.

ckk

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 7:52 am
My 6 yr old loves uno!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers