Home

Nurse Assistants in Girls' Sleepaway Camps?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

OP

Post Sat, Jan 08 2022, 4:10 pm
Do any Bais Yaakov type sleepaway camps upstate NY have Nurse Assistant positions for a 12th grader?

amother

Aquamarine

Post Sat, Jan 08 2022, 4:24 pm
They usually take a married woman to assist they need nurturers.

amother

OP

Post Sat, Jan 08 2022, 4:34 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
They usually take a married woman to assist they need nurturers.

What's a nurturer?

amother

Valerian

Post Sat, Jan 08 2022, 4:55 pm
I haven’t been in camp for a long time.
But when I was they would typically have 1-2 girls working with the nurse. Helping her out. Being available for minor injuries. Bandaids. Ice.

amother

Candycane

Post Sat, Jan 08 2022, 4:59 pm
I was a nurse assistant when I was in high school. Definitely not a popular job but I had fun. Preparing campers meds for those that needed, giving out bandaids, taking temperatures, even doing throat cultures… things like that

amother

OP

Post Sat, Jan 08 2022, 5:17 pm
amother [ Candycane ] wrote:
I was a nurse assistant when I was in high school. Definitely not a popular job but I had fun. Preparing campers meds for those that needed, giving out bandaids, taking temperatures, even doing throat cultures… things like that

My daughter would love this job! Which camp was it?
What did you do in the evenings and on shabbos? Were there more than 1 nurse assistant? Other staff your age?

amother

OP

Post Sat, Jan 08 2022, 5:20 pm
amother [ Valerian ] wrote:
I haven’t been in camp for a long time.
But when I was they would typically have 1-2 girls working with the nurse. Helping her out. Being available for minor injuries. Bandaids. Ice.

Which camp was it? Just want to reach out asking if they still have the position.

amother

Candycane

Post Sat, Jan 08 2022, 5:27 pm
I think most camps have this position. It’s called a specialty job. There is usually a specialty bunk house for all the specialty staff. The camp I went to many, many years ago had 2 assistant nurses.
You’re a bit separate from the camp as most specialties are but it’s still fun. Specialties hang out together and often join if there’s a play, concert or whatever.

amother

OP

Post Sat, Jan 08 2022, 5:31 pm
amother [ Candycane ] wrote:
I think most camps have this position. It’s called a specialty job. There is usually a specialty bunk house for all the specialty staff. The camp I went to many, many years ago had 2 assistant nurses.
You’re a bit separate from the camp as most specialties are but it’s still fun. Specialties hang out together and often join if there’s a play, concert or whatever.

Thanks!

amother

DarkMagenta

Post Sat, Jan 08 2022, 5:31 pm
Pretty much every BY camp that has a nurse has a staff member going into 12th or older that is her assistant.

amother

Lawngreen

Post Sun, Jan 30 2022, 12:28 pm
Hope I'm not posting too late for you, but I know that Camp Bais Yaakov was actively looking for a nurse's assistant a year or two back, it may be a good start if your daughter will fit in with the crowd (pretty yeshivish/frum).
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children