Home

Is my teen normal?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

OP

Post Sat, Jan 08 2022, 7:43 pm
She’s 17 and has the strangest schedule. She wakes up the last second before she need to be ready for school. When she comes homes she eats supper then usually falls asleep for 1-2 hrs. Then does homework talks to friends goes out. Goes to sleep for the night like 2am. I tried to encourage her to go to sleep at 12 so she doesn’t need that nap. But she doesn’t listen and she in 11 grade can’t really force her anymore. There are times she looks sad and is quiet or short tempered however she’s always busy with friends. Is this ‘normal’ teen behavior? Should I be concerned?

amother

Emerald

Post Sat, Jan 08 2022, 7:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
She’s 17 and has the strangest schedule. She wakes up the last second before she need to be ready for school. When she comes homes she eats supper then usually falls asleep for 1-2 hrs. Then does homework talks to friends goes out. Goes to sleep for the night like 2am. I tried to encourage her to go to sleep at 12 so she doesn’t need that nap. But she doesn’t listen and she in 11 grade can’t really force her anymore. There are times she looks sad and is quiet or short tempered however she’s always busy with friends. Is this ‘normal’ teen behavior? Should I be concerned?

Is it the healthiest? No. Normal 1000% yes.
You can encourage her to adjust her sleep schedule to be healthier but it's absolutely normal.
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children