Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Why are all the self kit covid tests out of stock

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 1:43 pm
?. Both on amazon and walmart. First it was masks gloves sanitiser and toilet tissue. Now it's this. Whats the demand about ?

groisamomma

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 1:46 pm
Does your throat itch? Are you very congested but have no or mild fever? You have a bad cold, dubbed omicron today.

There, I diagnosed you.

amother
Canary

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 1:47 pm
There is a massive surge in Covid at the moment. Many people need to test for work, for travel or for their family's safety.

Sewsew_mom

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 1:48 pm
groisamomma wrote:
Does your throat itch? Are you very congested but have no or mild fever? You have a bad cold, dubbed omicron today.

There, I diagnosed you.

I've learnt in life (many things thankfully) but one of those things is.. People would rather pay someone to tell them what's wrong rather than get free advice.
So at least charge a few bux to diagnose them.

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 1:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
?. Both on amazon and walmart. First it was masks gloves sanitiser and toilet tissue. Now it's this. Whats the demand about ?

Yeah, I don't understand either. Covid is so over...it's not a thing anymore. In fact I'm wondering why you were even looking for a Covid test. Did you really mean to look for an at-home pregnancy test?

amother
Acacia

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 1:55 pm
I also was looking to order last week. I finally found one that will ship in 2 weeks but since I started to feel better I canceled the order.
I just heard about a distributor who got hold of 6000 tests. It will probably show up on Amazon soon.

NotInNJMommy

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 2:25 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
Yeah, I don't understand either. Covid is so over...it's not a thing anymore. In fact I'm wondering why you were even looking for a Covid test. Did you really mean to look for an at-home pregnancy test?

In most of the US, COVID is far from over. Are you being literal or joking?

amother
Hyssop

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 2:26 pm
amother [ Acacia ] wrote:
I also was looking to order last week. I finally found one that will ship in 2 weeks but since I started to feel better I canceled the order.
I just heard about a distributor who got hold of 6000 tests. It will probably show up on Amazon soon.

I'm keeping a little stash, although I think we're all about to finally go through COVID (hopefully mildly) as half my house has it (mild or asymptomatic) right now.

Since we're at 50%, I just want it done with so I can get a bit of reprieve from worrying about exposures.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 2:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

People are buying it to keep at home and have it ready for when they need it.

Last edited by ra_mom on Sun, Jan 09 2022, 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

DrMom

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 2:28 pm
Covid is surging, and there is a shortage of home test kits in the US.

Hence, everybody is trying to buy on Amazon, Walmart, etc.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 2:32 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:

I know because Biden said he would get rid of covid so there is no need for tests and medications (both of which there are shortages and therefore denied for white people with no comorbidities). Ironically, there is an overabundance of the vaccine which is why people are being told to get a 3rd and even 4th dose even though it doesnt work. But its all for our own good Can't Believe It Banging head

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 3:04 pm
Wasn't Biden going to increase the amount of tests available? Wasn't he going to mail out millions of home tests?

amother
Cappuccino

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 3:11 pm
For those who are going through it not, mild, what are symptoms?

amother
Hyssop

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 3:25 pm
amother [ Cappuccino ] wrote:
For those who are going through it not, mild, what are symptoms?

My household never had COVID before to our knowledge.

We are all fully vaxxed, and those 16+ have boosters.

Kids range 6-16.

One is totally asymptomatic so far. (teen with booster received a couple weeks ago)

One just has had a scratchy throat for a couple days, and it's getting better. (young child fully vaxxed around Chanukah).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics