Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
This style on a girl who’s starting to develop?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 4:00 pm
My daughter loves this style of dress, and I can’t decide whether to get it for her or steer her in another direction. She’s 10 (very nearly 11) and starting to develop—breast buds, training bras.

https://www.hadasminilove.com/collections/בנות/products/סרפן-צמר-beige-8?variant=39475361284178

My husband saw a picture of her trying it on and says it looks like a costume. Is he just not used to the style? Is it because she’s too big/old for it? Can’t say I totally love it on her myself, but I thought it was pretty good as far as jumper style dresses go and she really wants one…

Please, help me make this decision and feel comfortable with it! (So that I can send her out feeling confident as well—I don’t want to get it for her and then make her feel self conscious.)

TIA!

amother
Cornsilk

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 4:04 pm
The link wasn’t sent properly

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 4:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My daughter loves this style of dress, and I can’t decide whether to get it for her or steer her in another direction. She’s 10 (very nearly 11) and starting to develop—breast buds, training bras.

https://www.hadasminilove.com/products/סרפן-צמר-beige-8?_pos=3&_sid=e660aa203&_ss=r

My husband saw a picture of her trying it on and says it looks like a costume. Is he just not used to the style? Is it because she’s too big/old for it? Can’t say I totally love it on her myself, but I thought it was pretty good as far as jumper style dresses go and she really wants one…

Please, help me make this decision and feel comfortable with it! (So that I can send her out feeling confident as well—I don’t want to get it for her and then make her feel self conscious.)

TIA!

It’s fine. You’re overthinking it.

amother
Fern

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 4:05 pm
You sent the link to the whole website.
Send the item you are wondering about again

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 4:08 pm
I don’t know how to make the link work. It’s called סרפן צמר (in the rosy pink color they’re calling purple).

amother
Bluebell

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 4:10 pm
I would totally wear this. I'm 23 and bxxbs size 32DD Hiding Hiding
Adorable for a 10-year-old, even if she is developing. But not if she's very chubby...

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 4:11 pm
Trying again

https://www.hadasminilove.com/.....ige-8

amother
Daisy

amother [ Fern ] wrote:
You sent the link to the whole website.
Send the item you are wondering about again

You need to copy the whole line, not click on the link. (The website doesn't think that hebrew letters can be part of a URL)

amother
Bluebell

https://www.hadasminilove.com/
Go onto website and search סרפן-צמר

amother
Gladiolus

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 4:14 pm
It's fine it's in style now. He doesn't understand girl's clothing. At this age it's more important that your daughter feel happy in her clothing than that your husband understand the style.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 4:14 pm
Thanks! She’s not chubby at all, but not super slight either. She’s on the taller/bigger side for her class, but no one would call her chubby, just sort of average build I think. If it helps, most of her clothes in these frum Israeli brands are size 16.

amother
Cornsilk

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 4:15 pm
I would not put a jumper that style on a 10 year old

I don’t live in Israel tho and I don’t much care for frum styles tho

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 4:19 pm
amother [ Gladiolus ] wrote:
It's fine it's in style now. He doesn't understand girl's clothing. At this age it's more important that your daughter feel happy in her clothing than that your husband understand the style.

Thanks yes this is exactly what I’m trying to figure out! And I want to build her confidence and for her to feel happy in her clothing, but I’m afraid of doing the opposite if I have doubts myself. I thought it was pretty cute in the store but then when my husband reacted the way he did, I got all confused. (She does not know what he said but just that I’m thinking about the dress. We did got a few other things that I’m sure about.)

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 4:22 pm
amother [ Cornsilk ] wrote:
I would not put a jumper that style on a 10 year old

I don’t live in Israel tho and I don’t much care for frum styles tho

She is very into the frum styles and goes to school in that kind of chareidi place… yeah, I’m honestly confused! Wouldn’t be my first choice for her but I do like to let her pick in general. I feel like it’s healthy for her to have the experience of picking for herself.

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 5:18 pm
It's a very cute dress.

I would buy it for my 11 yr old dd I can imagine it looking great on her, she often wears that style. On the other hand my older dd could never pull off such a dress when she was 11. So it's hard to say, it really depends how it looks on her. I wouldn't even say it depends if she's chubby or not, it's really about body type and how she carries her clothes. I've seen chubby girls and skinny girls and all girls in between wearing such styles.

amother
Eggshell

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 6:49 pm
If your husband doesn't like it, I personally wouldn't get it. We don't know what your daughter looks like in the dress, but he has a negative opinion about it.

mommyhood

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 7:01 pm
I think it’s a bit too juvenile for that age , nothing to do with whether she is or isn’t developing. They make these styles so you can have all your girls matching but that ends up with your older girls wearing styles that are meant for toddlers or vice versa.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 7:04 pm
I think it's for a younger girl.

Aurora

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 7:56 pm
If it is tznius, and she likes it, why not?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jan 09 2022, 9:26 pm
Thanks everyone!

Sigh.

Yes, I do think it looks like an adorable toddler dress… she pulls it off okay but it’s not quite right,.. but she loves it… ahhh wish this was less complicated. I don’t want her growing up feeling bad that I never got her what she really loved, either.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics