Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
Looking for Beta readers for Woman's Fiction novel
1  2  Next

sara_s

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 6:48 am
Update: After the incredibly helpful feedback from my first round of beta-readers (thank you!!!), I incorporated a lot of changes and I'm looking for a new set of beta-readers for my new draft. Would anyone like to volunteer to beta-read it?

I'm looking for Beta readers for my novel. It is women's literature (93,000 words long, 300+ double spaced pages)
Please only volunteer if you feel you can read it within a week or two, respond to a list of questions and also offer general constructive criticism. (I'm NOT looking to hear that it's great, I AM looking for advice on making it better)

The novel is set in the Frum world but targets the general audience. It is not 100% squeaky clean.So if you only read Frum novels this is probably not for you.

Also a trigger warning that it contains descriptions of pregnancy loss.

I would prefer readers comfortable sharing their real name (happy to give you an email to send your email address to, so that I won't link it to your ImaMother profile), but let me know if that's a showstopper.

Last edited by sara_s on Fri, Feb 18 2022, 4:00 am; edited 2 times in total

Cookiegirl

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 7:01 am
I would be happy to...feel free to PM me

cnc

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 8:05 am
I would be interested

amother
Hibiscus

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 9:03 am
I cannot read it in just two weeks, but I am the published author of several books with one of the Big Five publishers so I can read it from a pro writer standpoint with a view toward querying agents. If you end up with a longer timeline reply to this thread and I'll see it. Smile

sara_s

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 9:13 am
amother [ Hibiscus ] wrote:
I cannot read it in just two weeks, but I am the published author of several books with one of the Big Five publishers so I can read it from a pro writer standpoint with a view toward querying agents. If you end up with a longer timeline reply to this thread and I'll see it. Smile

Oh wow that would be amazing! I am looking for feedback from beta readers in 2 weeks, because I'll be taking time off work then to work on my next draft. But I would also love if you can give feedback as well.

my mama

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 9:40 am
I would love to

watergirl

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 9:48 am
I may be interested, but before I commit, I would love a brief synopsis, like a jacket write-up (blurb)/elevator pitch. Also, I do my reading mainly on shabbos; would you be mailing the actual manuscript, or a file to be read on an e-reader?

Eta - I’ve done this before but only with a paper manuscript.

Last edited by watergirl on Mon, Jan 10 2022, 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total

ValleyMom

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 9:54 am
Happy to help!
Will here be a hard cop to read?
I am a fast reader but I only read on Shabbos these days as I am drowning in work. I typically read 2-3 books over shabbos I read very fast.

sevengirl

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 9:55 am
Oo I would def be interested in looking at it as well!

dragoneye126

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 10:07 am
I'm interested, pm me.

amother
Cherry

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 10:12 am
I've done this before. I think I can do it. How many pages is it?

sara_s

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 10:31 am
Thank you to everyone who expressed interest in reading it.
I can send a PDF file which can be printed out, but it is 300+ pages. I may be able to shorten the page count if I play around with the line spacing. (It's currently double spaced because that's industry standard)

amother
Cherry

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 10:34 am
sara_s wrote:
Thank you to everyone who expressed interest in reading it.
I can send a PDF file which can be printed out, but it is 300+ pages. I may be able to shorten the page count if I play around with the line spacing. (It's currently double spaced because that's industry standard)

So as a PDF you won't want things like grammar or spelling or syntax pointing out, just the flow of the story? That'll make it go faster.

sara_s

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 10:43 am
amother [ Cherry ] wrote:
So as a PDF you won't want things like grammar or spelling or syntax pointing out, just the flow of the story? That'll make it go faster.

Right, mainly the flow of the story. If you notice a specific grammar/punctuation mistake that repeats itself that would be good too.

4everdiet

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 11:21 am
I would be interested.

Food

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 12:27 pm
I'm interested!

shaqued_almond

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 1:00 pm
I'm interested too. I beta regularly.

Oldest

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 1:28 pm
I would totally be interested!

puzzlepieces

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 1:31 pm
I'm interested too! Happy to help

DesignIt

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 2:01 pm
I'am interested to read it 4 u
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club