Home

List of Rebbetzins
1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


joy4u




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 2:13 pm
Creating a list of Rebbetzins from the past couple centuries. Please add. Could be from any and all sects of From Judaism.
Here are the ones I found so far:
Rebbetzin Tamah Kamenetsky, A”h  
Rebbetzin Chaya Ausband zt"l 
Rebbetzin Sara Rokach
Belz Rebbetzin Yenta
Rebbetzin Sheila Feinstein, tlita 
Rebbetzin Chaya Sara Kramer a'v 
Rebbetzin Henny Machlis a"h 
Rebbetzin Yehudis Samet 
Rebbetzin Leah Kodoletsky 
Rebbetzin Malka Rokeach 
Rebbetzin Malka Feinstein
Back to top

Ema of 4




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 2:16 pm
joy4u wrote:
Creating a list of Rebbetzins from the past couple centuries. Please add. Could be from any and all sects of From Judaism.
Here are the ones I found so far:
Rebbetzin Tamah Kamenetsky, A”h  
Rebbetzin Chaya Ausband zt"l 
Rebbetzin Sara Rokach
Belz Rebbetzin Yenta
Rebbetzin Sheila Feinstein, tlita 
Rebbetzin Chaya Sara Kramer a'v 
Rebbetzin Henny Machlis a"h 
Rebbetzin Yehudis Samet 
Rebbetzin Leah Kodoletsky 
Rebbetzin Malka Rokeach 
Rebbetzin Malka Feinstein

Rebbetzin Batsheva Kanievski
Rebbetzin Chaya Mushka Schneerson
Back to top

hanna2010




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 2:48 pm
Rebbetzin rishel kotler
Rebbetzin Sarah kreiswirth
Rebbetzin hoberman
Back to top

Ema of 4




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 2:58 pm
Rebbetzin Vichna Kaplan
Back to top

miami85




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 3:03 pm
Rebbetzin Pesha Leibowitz a"h
Rebbetzin Basha Scheinberg a"h
Back to top

Batsheva1




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 3:06 pm
Rebetzin Dr. Judith Grunfeld
Back to top

Living Princess




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 3:25 pm
What qualifications do you need to qualify?

Rebbetzin Pam


The greatest woman who probably lived in the last century - Sara Schneirer
Back to top

Chickensoupprof




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 3:46 pm
Rebbetzin Alta Faige Teitelbaum a''h who made the satmar bikur cholim happen.
Rebbetzin Esther Jungreis a''h(why did not anyone mention her yet?!)
Rebbetzin Faige Twerski !
Back to top

breindy s




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 4:06 pm
Rebbetzin henny machlis
Back to top

SYA




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 4:14 pm
Rebbetzin Chana Schneerson (the Lubavitcher Reuben’s mother)
Back to top

Ema of 4




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 5:03 pm
Chickensoupprof wrote:
Rebbetzin Alta Faige Teitelbaum a''h who made the satmar bikur cholim happen.
Rebbetzin Esther Jungreis a''h(why did not anyone mention her yet?!)
Rebbetzin Faige Twerski !

I was going to write Rebbetzin Faige, but everyone else listed (I think) is no longer alive. I wasn’t sure if we were posting living people or not.
Back to top

daagahminayin




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 5:05 pm
Rebbetzin Amelie Jacobovitz (Lady J).
Back to top

Elfrida




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 5:23 pm
Is this about people who made a name for themselves and 'qualified' for the title Rebbitzen, or do they get on the list by virtue of being married to a well known Rav, even if very little is known about their personal life?

If the latter, you can pretty much take any Rav from the last two centuries and stick Rebbitzen in front of his name.

I don't think Sarah Schenirer was ever technically a Rebbitzen, in that she wasn't married to a Rav.

May I nominate Rabbanit Margalit Yosef, who literally gave up her life because she felt that Clal Yisrael has a greater need of her husband than of herself.
Back to top

PinkFridge




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 5:44 pm
What about great women whose husband were choshuve but might not have been rabbanim, e.g. Mrs. Recha Shternbuch?
Mrs. Sara Finkel.
Rav Nesanael Quinn's mother IIRC had an amazing story.

Rebbetzin Scheinberg.

I really don't know where to begin/stop.
Back to top

finallyamommy




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 6:01 pm
Ruchoma Shain
Back to top

BokerTov




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 6:06 pm
Rebetzin ZZZ
Back to top

tigerwife




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 6:09 pm
Elfrida wrote:
Is this about people who made a name for themselves and 'qualified' for the title Rebbitzen, or do they get on the list by virtue of being married to a well known Rav, even if very little is known about their personal life?

If the latter, you can pretty much take any Rav from the last two centuries and stick Rebbitzen in front of his name.

I don't think Sarah Schenirer was ever technically a Rebbitzen, in that she wasn't married to a Rav.

May I nominate Rabbanit Margalit Yosef, who literally gave up her life because she felt that Clal Yisrael has a greater need of her husband than of herself.


In my circles, a woman can be a rebbetzin even if she isn’t married to a Rav. She herself would likely be a teacher or speaker.
Back to top

StrongMomma




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 7:14 pm
Curious for what purpose you’re compiling this list?
Back to top

happytobemom




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 10:25 pm
StrongMomma wrote:
Curious for what purpose you’re compiling this list?

Wondering the same!
Back to top

shanarishona




 
 
 
 

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 11:20 pm
Not OP,
But I’d anyone has met any of these Rebetzin’s, could they post about it?
I’d love to hear stories.

I met Rebetzin Jungreis, Rebetzin Machlis, Rebetzin Ruchama Shain, Rebetzin Malka Feinstein, (and probably Rebetzin Sheila but I don’t have a memory specifically.)
Back to top
1, 2  Next Recent Topics

Page 1 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism

Related Topics Replies Last Post
List of kosher secular books for kids?
by amother
4 Wed, May 25 2022, 11:45 am View last post
My rant list
by gr82no
20 Sun, May 15 2022, 1:17 am View last post
Naki radio: Is there a way to get a list
by amother
1 Tue, Apr 19 2022, 11:16 pm View last post
Master list
by amother
1 Tue, Apr 05 2022, 11:24 pm View last post
Does bingo have a list of specials???
by amother
7 Sun, Apr 03 2022, 12:39 am View last post
by BH5