Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
List of Rebbetzins
Previous  1  2

shanarishona

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 11:22 pm
And I met Rebetzin Kanievsky.

Elfrida

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 12:23 am
tigerwife wrote:
In my circles, a woman can be a rebbetzin even if she isn’t married to a Rav. She herself would likely be a teacher or speaker.

That's what I meant about women who qualified themselves for the title. Obviously there are no formal qualifications, other than the technicality of being married to someone who has earned simcha. But some women, through their own work and personality will earn the title for themselves as a mark of respect. This is a fairly modern concept, and unlikely to have existed two hundred years ago.

top mom

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 1:27 am
BokerTov wrote:
Rebetzin ZZZ

Awwwww 🙈
I'm blushing now, although I can't think of anyone more deserving of this title.
Being married to Rabbi ZZZ is a.... challenging.... challenge, but amazing privilege too!
Wonder if any of the other Rebetzins mentioned here will pop in.
I was hoping someone would mention the obvious (me!), I was even considering, y'know, but since it's not anon enabled....

essie14

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 1:40 am
Rabbanit Shoshana Schachter
Rabbanit Smadar Rosenzweig
Rabbanit Shani Taragin
Rabbanit Malka Bina
Rabbanit Racheli Sprecher Frankel
Rabbanit Chana Henkin
Rebbetzin Chana Weinberg
Rebbetzin Dr Aviva Weisbord
Rebbetzin Leah Feldman

Sunny Days

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 2:16 am
top mom wrote:
Awwwww 🙈
I'm blushing now, although I can't think of anyone more deserving of this title.
Being married to Rabbi ZZZ is a.... challenging.... challenge, but amazing privilege too!
Wonder if any of the other Rebetzins mentioned here will pop in.
I was hoping someone would mention the obvious (me!), I was even considering, y'know, but since it's not anon enabled....

Hey I totally was planning to mention. But I happened to be doing some other things offline and by the time I came across this thread you were already on the honored list Smile

Sunny Days

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 2:18 am
shanarishona wrote:
Not OP,
But I’d anyone has met any of these Rebetzin’s, could they post about it?
I’d love to hear stories.

I met Rebetzin Jungreis, Rebetzin Machlis, Rebetzin Ruchama Shain, Rebetzin Malka Feinstein, (and probably Rebetzin Sheila but I don’t have a memory specifically.)

Yes- this! A more productive/inspiring “celebrity” thread Smile
Perhaps we should start a s/o to not hijack this thread and allow it to be amother enabled since some stories may be personal?

shanarishona

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 2:29 am
Yes - great idea!
Sunny days - will you do the honor of starting the s/o?

salt

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 2:32 am
Rabbanit Yemima Mizrahi

Sunny Days

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 2:44 am
shanarishona wrote:
Yes - great idea!
Sunny days - will you do the honor of starting the s/o?

I’ll let you do it. Too tired to word it... I popped on here for a few, but need to get some sleep now still...

DrMom

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 4:03 am
joy4u wrote:
Creating a list of Rebbetzins from the past couple centuries. Please add. Could be from any and all sects of From Judaism.

Seems like a daunting task. There have been thousands and thousands of rebbetzins over the past 200 years. This thread could go on for a hundred pages.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 8:24 am
essie14 wrote:
Rabbanit Shoshana Schachter
Rabbanit Smadar Rosenzweig
Rabbanit Shani Taragin
Rabbanit Malka Bina
Rabbanit Racheli Sprecher Frankel
Rabbanit Chana Henkin
Rebbetzin Chana Weinberg
Rebbetzin Dr Aviva Weisbord

Rebbetzin Leah Feldman

Rebbetzin Feige Ruderman
Her sister Rebbetzin Judith Neuberger
Their mother Rebbetzin Dvora Kramer
Her mother Mrs. Golda (Rivka) Frank, who as a young widow, found incredible talmidei chachamim and marbitzei Torah for her four daughters.

BatyaEsther

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 9:01 am
Elfrida wrote:

May I nominate Rabbanit Margalit Yosef, who literally gave up her life because she felt that Clal Yisrael has a greater need of her husband than of herself.

Can you please share more about her.
I googled and all I could find was that she went to simchas alone to not disturb m/wast the time of her husband , and she updated him with snippets of how their children were doing.

I would love to know more about her.
Thank you

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 9:05 am
BokerTov wrote:
Rebetzin ZZZ

Who? Is she a rebbetzin that tells you how to make time to sleep? I would be a huge fan!!!

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 9:07 am
shanarishona wrote:
Not OP,
But I’d anyone has met any of these Rebetzin’s, could they post about it?
I’d love to hear stories.

I met Rebetzin Jungreis, Rebetzin Machlis, Rebetzin Ruchama Shain, Rebetzin Malka Feinstein, (and probably Rebetzin Sheila but I don’t have a memory specifically.)

I’ve met rebbetzin Feige Twersky many times. My parents lived in Milwaukee for a few years, and they became close with both Reb Michel and Rebbetzin Feige. I’ve even called her a few times since I got married, when I needed advice about different things. I always find her to be honest, sincere, down to earth, living in reality….and very cognizant of the fact that her reality is very different from others, but never judging.

sequoia

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 9:27 am
[quote="Ema of 4"]Who? Is she a rebbetzin that tells you how to make time to sleep? I would be a huge fan!!![/quote

she’s a local celebrity Wink

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 10:40 am
[quote="sequoia"]
Ema of 4 wrote:
Who? Is she a rebbetzin that tells you how to make time to sleep? I would be a huge fan!!![/quote

she’s a local celebrity Wink

Oops 🙊 🙈

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 1:50 pm
DrMom wrote:
Seems like a daunting task. There have been thousands and thousands of rebbetzins over the past 200 years. This thread could go on for a hundred pages.

Not to mention any number of current tzidkoniyos, some under the radar.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics