Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections
Haircuts for boys

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 4:37 pm
Anyone know of any YouTube videos or clips/online course I can take to learn to give haircuts for boys? I cut my kids hair but I never learned how and I'd love to perfect my craft Wink

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 5:20 pm
What kind of haircut do your boys have?

Are you chasidish and do everything 1 size?
Do they have bangs?

I think it depends what haircut they need.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 5:22 pm
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
What kind of haircut do your boys have?

Are you chasidish and do everything 1 size?
Do they have bangs?

I think it depends what haircut they need.

No litvish. I usually do a 3 or 4 and cut bangs with a scissor but the connection isn't always so smooth and around the payos I also need help with...

syrima

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 6:29 pm
You probably won't find on Youtube how to deal with payos. If you're doing a 3 or 4 all around then you will learn by trial and error how much you want to leave for the payos. I usually trim on top and behind the ear with a scissor and then use the cutter without any attachments to make a clean neck line. Try leaving less bangs in front it may look like it blends better. Or try doing the last inch before the real bangs on a five or 6 setting then trim the rest with scissors. Remember it doesn't have to be perfect it just has to be good enough.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 6:33 pm
syrima wrote:
You probably won't find on Youtube how to deal with payos. If you're doing a 3 or 4 all around then you will learn by trial and error how much you want to leave for the payos. I usually trim on top and behind the ear with a scissor and then use the cutter without any attachments to make a clean neck line. Try leaving less bangs in front it may look like it blends better. Or try doing the last inch before the real bangs on a five or 6 setting then trim the rest with scissors. Remember it doesn't have to be perfect it just has to be good enough.

Thanks! I think it is good enough... I just always wish I knew how to do a professional job...
I would do a 5 or 6 but their hair grows SO fast I'd have to do haircuts once a week lol
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics