Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Edamame

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 5:44 pm
What is it? Is it different than snap peas?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 5:50 pm
They are the actual soy beans. The pods are not eaten. You eat the beans only. Traditionally, you season the outside and then squeeze the beans out of the pods/scrape the pod between your teeth to pop the beans into your mouth, and discard the shells in a separate bowl.

Last edited by ra_mom on Mon, Jan 10 2022, 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

boat

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 5:55 pm
Once bought them. Excuse the description but they have a hairy texture which was a turnoff for me.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 7:41 pm
Kim Kushner has a recipe for shelled edamame on kosher.com, with hearts of palm, avocado (I've swapped for grape tomatoes if avocados not available and also added them) seasoned with rice vinegar, honey, and - most important - zaatar.

Our local grocery chain carries the shelled edamame under mukimame, the word for shelled edamame.

Kind of like lima beans but not exactly.

1ofbillions

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 8:00 pm
I love edamame beans! I buy frozen bags that are salted, then microwave them according to the instructions on the back. You eat them the way ra-mom described.

They’re a healthy and tasty snack or side dish.

lemon1

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 8:12 pm
My daughter eats them all the top. Boil a pot of water add salt boil for 4 min done!!

lemon1

Post Mon, Jan 10 2022, 8:13 pm
Sorry time!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking