Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Pantyhose chafe my thighs. Please help!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 9:51 am
Ever since I entered menopause I have gained quite a bit of weight. Working on getting fit, but that's another issue ... For several years now I find that wearing pantyhose results in terrible chafing of my inner thighs. Getting larger sizes didn't seem to help. So I have basically sworn off of pantyhose. I wear knee length leggings under my long skirts, together with knee socks or knee-highs and that usually works out fine.
However I have a close relative's winter wedding coming up, with a few other related smachot I'll be attending. Pantyhose would really be the most appropriate choice with what I'll be wearing.
What can I do so I don't suffer terribly?
Has anyone here experienced this?
What solutions work for you Imas?

amother
Amaranthus

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 9:58 am
Try wearing a thin pair of shorts together with the pantyhose.

amother
Daffodil

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 10:13 am
The weave and the "nylon" of standard pantyhose can be quite irritating especially if one's thighs are rubbing together.

You can solve the problem with bike shorts or a pair of Spanx like "shorts". If you don't want the control feature just get them in a slightly larger size.

I don't know if it will help but in my experience some pantyhose was just more comfortable than other brands because they were "softer". It seemed to correlate with cost as the L'eggs or other cheap drugstore ones were generally very irritating to me whereas some of the expensive brands I would sometimes buy at a good department store were very soft and comfortable. I remember Donna Karan had ones that were very comfortable.

However that is pretty hit in terms of finding a comfortable brand so the easiest solution is bike shorts.

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 10:21 am
Talcum powder or antihistamine spray on thighs

amother
Dahlia

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 11:24 pm
I have this problem now wearing,tights. Its chaffing my legs and so painful. Ideas welcome

amother
Poppy

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 11:59 pm
I had this problem during pregnancies. A Jewish lingerie store carried something that saved the day for me. It looks like two bands and you pulled them up around each thigh before putting on tights. They kept the thighs from rubbing against each other and were designed for ppl who don't have a thigh gap.

Similar to this but worn higher and not satin:
https://www.amazon.com/Elastic.....r=8-5

amother
Ebony

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 12:04 am
There's a Monistat product that's great! I know I've used it when wearing long skirts with socks or knee-his, but I imagine it should work with pantyhose, too. It should be fine for a chasunah, but is likely problematic on Shabbos.

Monistat Care Chafing Relief Powder Gel, Anti Protection, 1.5 Ounce (447200A2)

https://www.amazon.com/Monista.....=8-3#

octopus

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 1:03 am
skimmies! Not the cheap kind! The real brand that doesn't usually go on sale.
https://www.macys.com/shop/pro.....sh%20(Nude%205)

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 3:07 am
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0.....psc=1

chagru

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 3:24 am
Ammens powder between the legs and cycling shorts over the pantyhose

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 5:09 am
Thanks so much, everyone!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics