Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Omicron/recent covid symptoms in younger kids?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 12:13 pm
For those whose kids had covid recently, what were their symptoms? Asking specifically about kids age 3-8 who are unvaccinated. (For the record we are planning to vaccinate the kids over 5 very soon.) Thanks!

amother
Milk

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 12:37 pm
Some had cold symptoms, some had zero symptoms.

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 1:17 pm
Going to answer in case anyone else wants to know what a vaccinated case looked like: My child who is fully vaccinated (6) a month ago, just got covid. scratchy throat for a couple days. painful enough to ask for medicine but not painful enough to be in a bad mood.

No fever, maybe very minor nasal congestion for a day or two, but not really an issue at all.

Slept, ate, played normally (but at home).

She never had COVID before to our knowledge.

fleetwood

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 1:19 pm
My nephews unvaxxed had a weird rash, cough..typical cold symptoms .They passed it on to their mom who had it a little worse but not too bad..

mfb

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 1:21 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
Going to answer in case anyone else wants to know what a vaccinated case looked like: My child who is fully vaccinated (6) a month ago, just got covid. scratchy throat for a couple days. painful enough to ask for medicine but not painful enough to be in a bad mood.

No fever, maybe very minor nasal congestion for a day or two, but not really an issue at all.

Sorry to disappoint but most kids not vaccinated are getting very similar cases. This is what caused me not to want to vaccinate my kids or booster myself.

amother
Thistle

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 1:45 pm
My daughter had fever and sore throat for 24 hrs Friday night thru motzei shabbos. She tested positive for covid and strep. The next morning she was back to herself.

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 1:50 pm
mfb wrote:
Sorry to disappoint but most kids not vaccinated are getting very similar cases. This is what caused me not to want to vaccinate my kids or booster myself.

You're not disappointing me.

I was clarifying my one data point as being a vaccinated child. I don't have any unvaccinated children.

It's a data point like everyone else's data points. I'm also interested in reading what the unvaccinated cases are looking like.

Speaking to mothers in my kid's class about specifics with their kids who are unvaccinated, my child's case is substantially more mild, but it is a small class so that "data" is only worth so much. My child's classmates are having full blown although mild colds. My child had nothing that even reached that level compared to what colds normally look like for her.

I was happy with our choice to vaccinate. It was the right choice for us.

tweety1

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 3:01 pm
Very weird. Started off with fever and pain in one ankle. Dc could barely walk from pain. The next day ankle pain disappeared and all the typical cold symptoms came out. Fever lasted about 2 days.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 3:12 pm
One of my kids had very mild headache and nausea (which he only said towards the end of the week )
The other child had stomach issues for a few days, then 12 hours of mild congestion and scratchy throat and with another few days of stomach issues after

Brownies

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 3:36 pm
7 year old, unvaccinated, scratchy throat for 1-2 days, followed after a couple of days by a runny/blocked nose. No fever and felt very well in herself throughout, just wishing she could go out and play/go to school.

amother
Milk

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 7:05 pm

That's how most unvaccinated kids are getting it also, no difference at all. As I wrote above, some of my kids had zero symptoms, others had mild congestion (as in needing to blow nose). No fever for anyone bh. No one asked for medicine.

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 7:07 pm
amother [ Milk ] wrote:
That's how most unvaccinated kids are getting it also, no difference at all. As I wrote above, some of my kids had zero symptoms, others had mild cold. No fever for anyone bh. No one asked for medicine.

I'm so glad to hear that. Did your kids have COVID before? Maybe they did get immunity from those previous exposures.

Regardless, I'm glad your little ones felt ok and I'm sure it made your work easier too.

amother
Lightyellow

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 7:08 pm
Asymptomatic 4 year old
Terrible sore throat and congestion for my vaxxed 13yo. Fever last one night and a minor cough. 4 days in and she's on the mend.

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 7:21 pm

My unvaxxed 13-year-old had the same symptoms

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 7:24 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
My unvaxxed 13-year-old had the same symptoms

Literally out of curiosity, did they get COVID before or was this the first time?

(I'm not trying to "make a point" to anyone with this question. It's for myself.)

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 7:29 pm
All no vaccine and no prior Covid. Three (5, 7, 12) had vomiting for 4-6 hrs followed by fever for 1 day for three of them, some just had fever for 2 days (5 kids total).

amother
Midnight

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 7:44 pm
Unvaxxed kids first time mild and/or asymptomatic B”H

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 7:49 pm
It was second time for my children. Some had very high fever. Others stomach ache and diarrhea. Lasted a few days.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 7:59 pm
Interesting. 2 of my kids had diarrhea and vomiting 2 weeks ago, figured it was a stomach bug, didn’t even think to test for covid. Now I’m wondering.

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 8:02 pm
Literally out of curiosity, did they get COVID before or was this the first time?

(I'm not trying to "make a point" to anyone with this question. It's for myself.)

He never had it. One of my other kids had it asympomatic last year but this was the first time for the rest of us (vaxxed husband and I got it too and felt much worse!).
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics