Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Couscous With Saffron and Vegetables

Amarante

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 2:02 pm
This was an excellent side. I paired it with roasted Cornish hens and they went together very well. It was from a suggested menu so pairing them was a no-brainer for me.

Saffron isn't cheap but you use just a tiny bit and it really enhances the flavors but turmeric is often used as a substitute because it also imparts the golden color and shares a bit of the same flavor but no comparison to saffron which I think is probably worth its weight in gold literally. LOL

You could actually use it as a salad at room temperature if you wanted as my couscous salad is often an item in fancy takeout places. LOL

Recipe is from Jewish Holiday Feasts b Louise Fiszer. It has some nice recipes that are relatively easy. There is what seems to be a very good turkey rolled around spinach filling for Pesach which I might try.

Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes