Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Please think of all the other children and the Morahs !
Previous  1  2  3  4

If your child has fever have you ever given them Tylenol or Motrin and sent them to school withou waiting 24 hours?
Yes  
 15%  [ 31 ]
No  
 84%  [ 172 ]
Total Votes : 203

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 10:18 am
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
im working with babies for 15 years and ive never had a baby who got fever solely from teething.
I have had parents tell me its teething but it never was.

I’m going to guess you have never baby sat for my babies, or many of my friends’ babies. It may be a myth according to the books, but it’s real for those of us to whom it happens. My kids tended to get fever when their teeth were first breaking through. Sometimes loose diapers too. And before you say it was a stomach bug, it wasn’t.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 11:04 am
A couple of years ago, my child came home and told me that her poor teacher was sniffling and coughing and looking really ill in school.

By the next day, my child came down with the flu, and by the end of the week, my whole family was ill.

So teachers, please keep the same standards for your self as you would apply to your students. Stay home if you are ill!

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 1:18 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
I’m going to guess you have never baby sat for my babies, or many of my friends’ babies. It may be a myth according to the books, but it’s real for those of us to whom it happens. My kids tended to get fever when their teeth were first breaking through. Sometimes loose diapers too. And before you say it was a stomach bug, it wasn’t.

Same with some of my kids. They would get fever with no cough/cold/runny nose. It was purely from teething

amother
Viola

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 1:54 pm
Chayalle wrote:
A couple of years ago, my child came home and told me that her poor teacher was sniffling and coughing and looking really ill in school.

By the next day, my child came down with the flu, and by the end of the week, my whole family was ill.

So teachers, please keep the same standards for your self as you would apply to your students. Stay home if you are ill!

Tell the administration too- sometimes the principals bully us into it- especially since we have to work to leave lesson plans too
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics