Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Who's taking over ShopRite of tallman NY?
1  2  Next

noidea

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 5:46 pm
So curious 🤨!

amother
Stone

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 5:59 pm
I heard Aaron’s from queens

amother
Winterberry

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 6:10 pm
Where is tallman? (Lifelong NYer here)

esuss

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 6:11 pm
Just outside Monsey.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 6:18 pm
amother [ Winterberry ] wrote:
Where is tallman? (Lifelong NYer here)
the Walmart by Monsey is in Tallman. (And the same shopping center as shoprite)

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 8:10 pm
amother [ Stone ] wrote:
I heard Aaron’s from queens

I hate to say it, but I don't think this would be a very good business move...

amother
Lightgray

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 8:17 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
I hate to say it, but I don't think this would be a very good business move...

Why?
Im still waiting for the evergreen in pomona to open up...

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 8:23 pm
I have a bunch of reasons I think this. 1st- Arons in general is not exclusively cholov yisrael which is something that won't be popular on that side of Monsey. 2- Aron's is significantly more expensive than the other monsey supermarkets (I moved and have been back there since so I know this is true). They are going to have to make the prices much lower or quality much better than the other stores which is very hard to do.
3- That side of Monsey is primarily chassidish where many women don't drive so for a supermarket to be successful there they are going to have to add a lot more to that shopping center so they can do more shopping at once.
Like you said, the crowd that Aron's would be looking to attract (meaning Pomona, Wesley Hills, Haverstraw etc) are anxiously waiting for Evergreen to open in Pomona so they no longer need to go to the 59 area and sit in traffic.

amother
Lightgray

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 8:36 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
I have a bunch of reasons I think this. 1st- Arons in general is not exclusively cholov yisrael which is something that won't be popular on that side of Monsey. 2- Aron's is significantly more expensive than the other monsey supermarkets (I moved and have been back there since so I know this is true). They are going to have to make the prices much lower or quality much better than the other stores which is very hard to do.
3- That side of Monsey is primarily chassidish where many women don't drive so for a supermarket to be successful there they are going to have to add a lot more to that shopping center so they can do more shopping at once.
Like you said, the crowd that Aron's would be looking to attract (meaning Pomona, Wesley Hills, Haverstraw etc) are anxiously waiting for Evergreen to open in Pomona so they no longer need to go to the 59 area and sit in traffic.

Hmm, you don't think non-jews will shop there too if they open up? I think if their prices are decent, especially of they're not chalav Yisrael exclusively, they can attract them.
Surprisingly I think of how bingo opened up and along came fino, unlaced and dazzle.... maybe other stores will open up in the Walmart plaza as well. There is already rendezvous, walmart and I think some like the nail salon there too. All they need is one or two more stores.
In the new evergreen store, what other stores are there that people will will actually go to?

amother
Yarrow

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 8:38 pm
I thought that evergreen or gourmet glatt is coming in there

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 8:39 pm
There aren't enough non-Jews around anymore. That's why Shop-Rite closed to begin with. If it's anything like Aron's Queens, then the prices won't be better than Evergreen or Bingo at least. I'm also not 100% sure Bingo is doing that well being out of things.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 8:40 pm
amother [ Yarrow ] wrote:

Evergreen? They still havent gotten their act together with Pomona...

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 8:47 pm
Navy is right. If they are not catering to chassidim there they won’t be successful. There are few other people living near there, abs it’s really far from the rest of the frum communities in Monsey.

little neshamala

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 9:47 pm
Lol and I heard Seasons is opening up there...

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 10:17 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
There aren't enough non-Jews around anymore. That's why Shop-Rite closed to begin with. If it's anything like Aron's Queens, then the prices won't be better than Evergreen or Bingo at least. I'm also not 100% sure Bingo is doing that well being out of things.

Bingo is doing great being right off the exit. Many times I bumped into people that 'stopped in' on their way to or from the Catskills without going into Monsey proper.

amother
Stone

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 10:42 pm
I hear evergreen in Pomona is opening February 15 iyh

amother
Tulip

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 11:17 pm
amother [ Stone ] wrote:
I hear evergreen in Pomona is opening February 15 iyh

Heard this too and can't wait!
I heard they don't know yet what is opening by Walmart yet. Personally I wish it was another kind of store and not a food store.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 11:24 pm
amother [ Yarrow ] wrote:

Ye I heard gourmet glatt is opening there.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 11:28 pm
amother [ Cadetblue ] wrote:
Ye I heard gourmet glatt is opening there.

I agree with previous poster that we don't need another supermarket of this type in this area. Maybe another one out in Pomona or all the way out in Chestnut Ridge, or something like Bingo. But another fancy place that's more expensive than the rest that is not catered towards this community is going to flop.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 11:37 pm
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
I agree with previous poster that we don't need another supermarket of this type in this area. Maybe another one out in Pomona or all the way out in Chestnut Ridge, or something like Bingo. But another fancy place that's more expensive than the rest that is not catered towards this community is going to flop.

I don’t know abt the expensive part, but there is a growing community in Airmont, which is right there. I know some ppl there and they hate the shlep of coming to Monsey to shop (granted, it’s just a 10 minute drive but still), and r excited abt having a kosher supermarket right there.

They might have a customer base there 🤷‍♀️

But honestly I have no idea. Just what I heard.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries