Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
WinterWearing kneesocks instead of tights (not about tznius)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 11:00 pm
In another thread, a poster commented that she is appalled at seeing little girls wearing knee socks instead of rights in this cold weather.

I don't think it's so bad because my dd would only be exposed to the elements getting into and out of the car, and for a few minutes while the car warms up...

Is it a social faux pas?

(I do think tights look neater... Just means I would need to buy many more pairs and he'll get out them on...)

I'm OOT yeshivish, and this is a little girl.

amother
Ultramarine

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 11:04 pm
No totally fine Smile at least where I'm from- lol lakewood as in town as they get! Many ppl do Sox here. I happen to do tites jst cuz like neater look better but ur so rite I've honestly gone thru and have bought so so many tights for my 5 yr old--- nuts!!!

amother
Hibiscus

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 11:05 pm
Unless you live in a place like florida, those few minutes every times she gets in and out of the car can feel like hours if it’s freezing and her legs are basically exposed.
Also are you sure she’s not going outside for recess etc. or even walking to the car from school. Sometimes being cold in the winter is unavoidable but buying tights for a dd for the winter isn’t an extra expense.
It’s a BASIC expense.

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 11:14 pm
I also thought my kids are just going from the car to the house but then I daughter said they have outdoor recess in 22 degree weather!!!! So on with the hats and gloves and of course tights!

lfab

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 11:16 pm
Well I have several kids who are very sensory with their clothes, and even getting them to wear socks can be a battle some mornings. I have long ago given up fighting about tights. If the cold bothered them enough they would be willing to wear the tights (or leggings if that's acceptable where you live). Sometimes you gotta choose your battles and if others want to judge me for not choosing to fight this one that's on them not me. Anyone who has an issue with that is more then welcome to come do the morning routine in my house.
And if you think the socks are bad what must people have thought of me this morning when one kid refused to wear a coat! I told her that she needed to take one, non-negotiable in this weather. So she walked to the bus stop carrying her coat in her hands Banging head.

amother
Pansy

Post Tue, Jan 11 2022, 11:17 pm
I’m in the tri state area this time of year my kids won’t step foot outside without tights. It’s really cold and even just in and out the cold burns their legs. And my kids have outdoor recess almost daily even in the cold
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics