Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Was this ok?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 9:01 am
I tested positive for Covid a week and half ago and I have an appointment tomorrow (will be a week and 4 days from positive test). I called to make sure the office policy will allow me to go to my appointment tomorrow and she said they’re following the cdc guidelines of 5 days and no symptoms. Technically CDC says no symptoms or symptoms resolving and 24 hour fever free. I’m well past the 5 days of course and I’m back at work. But I felt wrong when the secretary asked “and you’re not experiencing anything now right” and I said no. Technically I do still need tissues and you can hear my voice is deeper, sometimes need to cough etc. but from what I understand these are lingering effects that can last for weeks and don’t really indicate being contagious. What do you think? I’m worried they’ll be upset if they hear me cough or something. (I will be masked the whole time.)

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 9:02 am
I think youre find. It's winter, we're all coughing and sneezing.

amother
Maize

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 9:06 am
The rule is 24 hrs fever free and all other symptoms have improved. I just went to an ENT on day 9. You're fine.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 9:09 am
What a world. Doctors only want to see us once we’re already healthy.

amother
Raspberry

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 9:18 am
I think it's fine. The cough and change in voice can last much longer. I still have those symptoms 2 weeks later but I tested negative recently

amother
Valerian

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 9:45 am
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
What a world. Doctors only want to see us once we’re already healthy.

This isn’t an appointment with her regular dr who can help her with covid. Why should an eye doctor or a dentist see her if she’s still contagious? I don’t think she’s contagious now anyway. But if she was according to you it’s a problem for the office to ask her to reschedule?

I don’t even think she said dr actually. Maybe it’s an appointment with someone else entirely.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 9:51 am
Ok thanks everyone for making me feel better. It’s a PT appointment.

Another reason I was nervous after talking to the secretary is because even though I said I got it a week and a half ago she still wanted to know exactly which date I got it and asked me a couple times about having symptoms.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 9:52 am
amother [ Raspberry ] wrote:
I think it's fine. The cough and change in voice can last much longer. I still have those symptoms 2 weeks later but I tested negative recently

Curious when you retested negative was it a PCR or rapid?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics