Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
2 faced parent
Previous  1  2

amother
Winterberry

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 11:49 am
We all have to put up with one thing or another in our jobs.
Sometimes your boss is wrong but you have to say it in a very delicate way otherwise he might fire you, and so on.
Teaching has this, dealing with parents and students, and every profession will have a similar parallel situation.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 11:49 am
amother [ Lightyellow ] wrote:
Unfortunately, she's in a bind as well. She's basically in the same spot as the teachers are. They often don't have much of a choice when it comes to rich snobby big shot parents. Everything needs to go there way or else they threaten that they'll stop giving money.

Or that they will get them fired....
Yes this has happened, that's how powerful they are

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 5:55 pm
In case anyone wants to offer some support πŸ˜‰, this student was on her worst behavior today. She now thinks she can do and act however she wants b/c her mother will just call the principal and make it all better. 😬 So so frustrating. She contradicted me a few times and was just in general acting out. I definitely don't get paid enough to deal with parents like this and risk having my name dragged thru the mud. I was told on numerous occasions that I am a very requested teacher. Well I guess that won't be happening anymore...

amother
Foxglove

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 5:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
In case anyone wants to offer some support πŸ˜‰, this student was on her worst behavior today. She now thinks she can do and act however she wants b/c her mother will just call the principal and make it all better. 😬 So so frustrating. She contradicted me a few times and was just in general acting out. I definitely don't get paid enough to deal with parents like this and risk having my name dragged thru the mud. I was told on numerous occasions that I am a very requested teacher. Well I guess that won't be happening anymore...

OP, please protect yourself. Are you able to apply for other jobs elsewhere in case this escalates?

amother
Winterberry

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 6:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Schools are in need of teachers, you should be able to find a job at another school and not have to deal with this

amother
Mintgreen

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 6:23 pm
Yeah it stinks dealing with the rich crazy parent. And they know how to escalate a situation quickly!!! Ultimately, they are not doing their kids a favor.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 18 2022, 11:09 am
So what kind of nasty message is this parent trying to send! Guess which student was the only student that didn't come to me on Purim? The one that I need to work extra hard for, the one who doesn't behave b/c she has a special last name so she can do whatever she wants, the one whose mother drives the whole school crazy. Yup the rich one who gave the secretaries chanuka presents but not the teachers to let us know she is not happy with us. I bend over backwards for this student and mother and nothing is ever good enough. I'm done.
I have students with no money whose parents obviously went out of their way to make a nice mishloach manos (and some even a tip) when I know it was probably hard financially for them but this millionaire who thinks we have to treat her daughter differently than everyone else b/c of her last name, has not shown 1 drop of hakaras hatov all year. Forget hakaras hatov, she has made our year so difficult! Always complaining, nothing is ever good enough ECT. Poor kid, she at least could have let her come empty handed or with a kid mishloach manos, just so she could show me her costume and get mishloach manos from me like the rest of her friends. Nope she needs to tell her daughter know that I'm a horrible teacher.... Rant over

amother
Winterberry

Post Fri, Mar 18 2022, 11:46 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So what kind of nasty message is this parent trying to send! Guess which student was the only student that didn't come to me on Purim? The one that I need to work extra hard for, the one who doesn't behave b/c she has a special last name so she can do whatever she wants, the one whose mother drives the whole school crazy. Yup the rich one who gave the secretaries chanuka presents but not the teachers to let us know she is not happy with us. I bend over backwards for this student and mother and nothing is ever good enough. I'm done.
I have students with no money whose parents obviously went out of their way to make a nice mishloach manos (and some even a tip) when I know it was probably hard financially for them but this millionaire who thinks we have to treat her daughter differently than everyone else b/c of her last name, has not shown 1 drop of hakaras hatov all year. Forget hakaras hatov, she has made our year so difficult! Always complaining, nothing is ever good enough ECT. Poor kid, she at least could have let her come empty handed or with a kid mishloach manos, just so she could show me her costume and get mishloach manos from me like the rest of her friends. Nope she needs to tell her daughter know that I'm a horrible teacher.... Rant over

OP, no offense, but you have to let it go.

Stop obsessing over this child and parent.

It's one of those job things everyone deals with. Everyone has annoying aspects of their work that are not seen or rewarded.

Let it go.

Be your best self, don't expect anything in return. Don't hold a grudge.

Focus on the other kids and parents. If all of them like your work, who cares that this one doesn't?

Having negative emotions affects you and is bad for you. Breathe and think of the good

amother
Obsidian

Post Fri, Mar 18 2022, 11:49 am
Sometimes we need to deal with difficult people. You need to not dwell on this and move on. It’s not healthy to be busy thinking about them and analyzing their actions all day.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Fri, Mar 18 2022, 12:07 pm
Maybe they went away for Purim
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics