Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Stores delivering sofas 6+ months from now. Any exceptions?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 11:45 am
The stores I went to, are delivering newly bought sofas 6+ months from now because of supply hain issues.

Are there any exceptions?

amother
Cyclamen

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 11:47 am
I just bought a sofa. I was told it depends on brand and customization.

Some brands were immediate
Same brand to customize fabric is 6 months.

Palissers with fully custom fabric I was told 3 months.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 11:54 am
amother [ Cyclamen ] wrote:
I just bought a sofa. I was told it depends on brand and customization.

Some brands were immediate
Same brand to customize fabric is 6 months.

Palissers with fully custom fabric I was told 3 months.

Can you please share which store?

amother
Cognac

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 12:03 pm
I went with a friend to Churchill. We both got Palliser couches. They told us 3 months and it was more like 6-7 weeks ..

amother
Cyclamen

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 12:06 pm
Katz furniture in lkwd

(I hope it does take 3 months snd not 6 weeks. I’d rather closer to pesach)

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 12:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The stores I went to, are delivering newly bought sofas 6+ months from now because of supply hain issues.

Are there any exceptions?

We recently got a couch from Raymour and Flanigan. Before completing the purchase, we called a friend of my husband’s who is in the furniture business, and he told us it would take 12 weeks minimum to get a couch like the one we were looking to buy. We got the one from R&F delivered the same week. A lot of furniture is on back order now, so it’s really hit or miss. We were lucky.

vintagebknyc

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 12:21 pm
Try looking at a floor model they are trying to sell

dorala

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 12:33 pm
I bought in Katz furniture They had bunch of styles they had in stock ready for immediate delivery. I ordered Palliser they told me 3 months and got in a little less than 3 months

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 12:41 pm
Raymor and flanigan delivered in a week. I’m super happy with it.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 12:47 pm
I went to Raymour Flannigan and if you dont want leather, choices of fabrics are one or two colors for each sofa, mostly light colors.

Also if a sofa has silver nail-heads, youre stuck if your room has gold in it... the selection is extremely limited. Styles are limited or zero, if you dont want loose cushions. I find that loose cushions fly around the sofa and dont look neat. There wasnt a single sofa that would work for me and Im not super fussy.

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 12:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I went to Raymour Flannigan and if you dont want leather, choices of fabrics are one or two colors for each sofa, mostly light colors.

Also if a sofa has silver nail-heads, youre stuck if your room has gold in it... the selection is extremely limited. Styles are limited or zero, if you dont want loose cushions. I find that loose cushions fly around the sofa and dont look neat. There wasnt a single sofa that would work for me and Im not super fussy.

I got a dark fabric couch, no nail heads and no loose cushions…

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 1:02 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
I got a dark fabric couch, no nail heads and no loose cushions…

Do you happen to know the name of the style? Id love to see what I missed.

justforfun87

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 1:10 pm
Macy is 14 weeks

Amarante

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 1:54 pm
It is pretty crazy. I ordered two chairs for my patio and it is nine months wait and I had to pay in full. 🤷‍♀️

Unless you are willing to take a display model or pick from limited inventory the wait is real.

I ordered two occasional chairs from an upholsterer and the wait was only six weeks but that is because the fabric was available. The chairs might have been ready sooner but the long winter holidays probably impacted. I had the same guy do my couch and I like the ability to get exactly the style I want with exactly the fabric instead of limited choices. The price is equivalent to a couch from a retail source like Pottery Barn or Restoration Hardware.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics