Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
‘Stubborn’ Warts

smilethere2

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 1:06 pm
Seeking advice on how to get rid of ‘stubborn’ warts on kids. We’ve tried so many different ways (burning off, duck tape, aspirin). The raised part falls off but keeps coming back- it’s been a few years already!

SDmother

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 1:10 pm
You need to get a Rx for fluorourocil cream. Be very careful because it kills skin cells. Causes the wart to necrose and does not come back.

NotInNJMommy

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 1:10 pm
Have you worked with a dermatologist yet? If so, is it time to consult with them again and/or get a second opinion?

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 1:35 pm
You can try this if you want to. Idk details on how it works but it worked for myself on 2 different stubborn warts and for a sibling of mine as well. Someone must've told me about it and it didn't hurt to try but again I dont have reasons or details why.
Dab havdala wine on the wart(s) and let it air dry- don't wash off. Do it every week until it disappears. It took some time by me- I dont remember if it was a few weeks or months, but it's been years (about 20) and they've never come back since.

amother
Gardenia

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 1:38 pm
I tried a few things with my sons wart and then my sister suggested dipping it into the havdala grapejuice/wine every motzi shabbos. After his having the wart for a few years, it finally disappeared. If there are a few warts, try to dip in the original one if you remember which one it is.

amother
Topaz

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 1:45 pm
Our dermatologist used immunotherapy to get rid of a stubborn and overgrown wart.
It required a shot every month or so, and b"H it healed nicely, as did the warts in other locations on his body.

SDmother

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 1:54 pm
amother [ Topaz ] wrote:
Our dermatologist used immunotherapy to get rid of a stubborn and overgrown wart.
It required a shot every month or so, and b"H it healed nicely, as did the warts in other locations on his body.

This is a last resort treatment. The feuoroacil cream I mentioned above comes before trying this. It is a chemotherapeutic skin cream and much better efficacy than everything you have already tried.

octopus

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 2:01 pm
Be very careful with creams! Like someone said earlier they are used for skin cancer treatments. Could be very expensive as well!

amother
Topaz

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 2:07 pm
SDmother wrote:
This is a last resort treatment. The feuoroacil cream I mentioned above comes before trying this. It is a chemotherapeutic skin cream and much better efficacy than everything you have already tried.

Our dermatologist went straight to the shots, no creams at all.
We came to her with a very overgrown wart since my teenage son didn't think it important to show me until it looked absolutely awful.

lukshin

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 4:00 pm
Try the Compound W Maximum Strength One Step Invisible Wart Remover Strips.
It can take time but I did it for two separate warts and it worked.

amother
DarkRed

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 4:00 pm
My son had tons all over his hand and finally found something that worked - they were gone within two weeks completely! Biotin Thuja 30c (bought the 3 pack from amazon and gave 5 pellets 3x a day - you twist them into cap and put directly (don’t touch with hand) under tongue and wait till it dissolves). We tried tons of ways before this and nothing did anything.

amother
Outerspace

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 4:05 pm
I tried this for a really bad veruca. wonder if it will work for warts.

dipped cotton wool into little bit of raw apple cider vinegar (with the mother) and put it on to affected spot with tape. left it there overnight (can't remember how many nights it took)...not only did that disappear but the veruca next to it which I was going to treat next disappeared before I had a chance to treat it...

amother
Petunia

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 4:18 pm
A wart is a virus.
Tried and true method in my family that may sound gross but works every single time

Dip a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar (organic for best results as the other ones aren't the real deal. I use Bragg's)
And place it on the wart. Cover with a bandaid. Change twice a day. Be careful that the cotton ball should only be on wart and not on the skin around it because it can cuz a burning sensation. The wart will turn brown then black then fall off and never come back.

Before you say eeeew I can handle the smell of it....try it.

amother
Petunia

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 4:19 pm
amother [ DarkRed ] wrote:
My son had tons all over his hand and finally found something that worked - they were gone within two weeks completely! Biotin Thuja 30c (bought the 3 pack from amazon and gave 5 pellets 3x a day - you twist them into cap and put directly (don’t touch with hand) under tongue and wait till it dissolves). We tried tons of ways before this and nothing did anything.

This also works but the ACV works much faster.

octopus

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 4:29 pm
Right, the wart is a virus. The reason why some of them are stubborn is because the body isn't recognizing it as a virus and the immune system is not kicking in to fight it. So for some freezing it, or apple cider helps the body recognize it as something foreign. And the body kicks in.

amother
Topaz

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 12:05 am
amother [ Outerspace ] wrote:
I tried this for a really bad veruca. wonder if it will work for warts.

dipped cotton wool into little bit of raw apple cider vinegar (with the mother) and put it on to affected spot with tape. left it there overnight (can't remember how many nights it took)...not only did that disappear but the veruca next to it which I was going to treat next disappeared before I had a chance to treat it...

Veruca is the equivalent of what they call a plantars wart in the US.
I used Thuja to tackle multiple warts on my foot as a child and it really did help.

amother
Topaz

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 12:09 am
octopus wrote:
Right, the wart is a virus. The reason why some of them are stubborn is because the body isn't recognizing it as a virus and the immune system is not kicking in to fight it. So for some freezing it, or apple cider helps the body recognize it as something foreign. And the body kicks in.

Which is how the immunotherapy shot works. The doc injected a very benign something (can't remember how it is classified) to the area of the wart, which triggers a response from the immune system. Once triggered, it starts to recognize and respond to the plantars wart which is hanging out in the same spot.

But the wart we dealt with was a whopper, like really big, so perhaps that's why the doc pulled out the big guns right away.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 2:16 am
amother [ Petunia ] wrote:
A wart is a virus.
Tried and true method in my family that may sound gross but works every single time

Dip a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar (organic for best results as the other ones aren't the real deal. I use Bragg's)
And place it on the wart. Cover with a bandaid. Change twice a day. Be careful that the cotton ball should only be on wart and not on the skin around it because it can cuz a burning sensation. The wart will turn brown then black then fall off and never come back.

Before you say eeeew I can handle the smell of it....try it.

This exact method worked wonders by us too after trying for quite a few years other methods and all others failed.

menucha18

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 7:29 am
Also saw fast results with the Apple cider vinegar after all else failed.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics