Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Can I put favours on every other setting?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 11:07 am
Basically can 2 people share their chocs in their favour to save costs? Smile

I'd put 2 chocs in each tefillin box....

amother
Yolk

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 11:09 am
No that doesn’t work. Also people won’t assume they need to share.

amother
Wandflower

If I didn't have enough for each place setting I would put them somewhere else. Like on a platter or arranged on table or dessert table

flowerpower

Nopes. It doesn’t make sense. Find a cheaper souvenir if this one is too pricey.

Miri1

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 11:11 am
amother [ Wandflower ] wrote:
If I didn't have enough for each place setting I would put them somewhere else. Like on a platter or arranged on table or dessert table

Great idea.

amother
Oleander

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 11:14 am
I’d give to every lady
And on Men table put a few in the center or skip them.

(I just find the women appreciate it much more)

asmileaday

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 11:17 am
amother [ Oleander ] wrote:
I’d give to every lady
And on Men table put a few in the center or skip them.

(I just find the women appreciate it much more)

If it's for a Bar Mitzvah that's not fair. My sons were all so proud and happy to see those little tefillin bags at everyone's place by the men.
Either make enough or just put a few on the sweet table.

Btw making little tefillin bags are super cheap. If you're interested I can share how I did mine.

amother
Oleander

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 11:35 am
asmileaday wrote:
If it's for a Bar Mitzvah that's not fair. My sons were all so proud and happy to see those little tefillin bags at everyone's place by the men.
Either make enough or just put a few on the sweet table.

Btw making little tefillin bags are super cheap. If you're interested I can share how I did mine.

I guess you have to know the crowd.

I made sure the teen boys had.

But in our family the men really don’t care if they get or don’t get or if there is a favor on the table at all.

Blessing1

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 11:35 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Basically can 2 people share their chocs in their favour to save costs? Smile

I'd put 2 chocs in each tefillin box....

Nope, that's tacky and cheap. And many people take them home.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 11:59 am
Ok thanks for all the advice.

I was thinking maybe just the women but we're having young nephews there too and then definitely want chocs....

Maybe I'll do the idea that someone above said, put a few in the middle of each table.
Thanks.

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 12:01 pm
No way

amother
Gardenia

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 12:02 pm
No

amother
Lightblue

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 12:10 pm
No. Don't just put a few in the middle either. Either give everyone or don't put them at all.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 12:12 pm
amother [ Lightblue ] wrote:
No. Don't just put a few in the middle either. Either give everyone or don't put them at all.

It's just close family who are invited. No friends or other acquaintances. My son's rebbe will hopefully come to speak, and of course we'll offer him a meal/dessert but he'll feel out of place if we invite him properly

Or, do we invite him and he'll say he'll just come to speak? Hard to know what's best...

That's another question for another thread though Smile

Blessing1

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 12:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ok thanks for all the advice.

I was thinking maybe just the women but we're having young nephews there too and then definitely want chocs....

Maybe I'll do the idea that someone above said, put a few in the middle of each table.
Thanks.

If you put some in the middle of each table, you need to put enough for everyone. Rather set them all out on the sweet table (If you're having one).

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 12:22 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
If you put some in the middle of each table, you need to put enough for everyone. Rather set them all out on the sweet table (If you're having one).

We're not having a sweet table. Whoever is there gets a dessert.

It's costing a lot for the catering. Maybe I'll leave the favours out, although we have the money saved, my dh is very frugal and doesn't like to spend a lot on unnecessary things. He doesn't mind if I really want them but I'm trying to keep costs down as much as possible.

amother
Daphne

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 12:28 pm
I say just skip the chocolates and the favors altogether. It's not necessary. (Buy yourself some chocolate to enjoy after the event as reward for a job well done!)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 12:33 pm
amother [ Daphne ] wrote:
I say just skip the chocolates and the favors altogether. It's not necessary. (Buy yourself some chocolate to enjoy after the event as reward for a job well done!)

😊 I want to use those boxes, I think they're so cute! Maybe for his friends Smile

Simple1

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 12:46 pm
The Bar Mitzvahs I went to didn't give out favors. I don't think you have to and I think its better to skip it than to just give half of what's needed. You'll end up having many confused people wondering where the others got their chocolates from.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 2:11 pm
I put something at the entrance near a flower arrangement. People took one per kid. I was so shocked. I would think people would chop it’s one per family. The things that surprise me.....shouldn’t surprise me.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics