Home

Anyone use a Laundry washing app?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


flmommy




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 9:15 pm
Thinking of trying one. Either hamper app or suds share. I am a little grossed out by someone washing my stuff in their home but I figure it’s grosser for them and I can’t keep up with all the laundry!! Doesn’t seem like either one irons so that’s a bummer but I will survive. Has anyone used a laundry service like this? It would be horrible to not get your stuff back.
Back to top

ChutzPAh




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 10:23 pm
Never knew this was a thing.
Back to top

hodeez




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 10:30 pm
Fascinating... Why not use a laundromat?
Back to top

flmommy




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 6:27 am
Laundromats charge a lot more and don’t do pick up and drop off.
Back to top

boat




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 7:44 am
Ha and I was trying to figure out how my smartphone can help me with laundry... o well.
Back to top

S11




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 11:17 am
I would be very wary of my clothing coming back with things like bed bugs and fleas. I would never want my clothing washed in a strangers home.
I have someone who comes two evenings a week for an hour or two at a time and all she does is fold and put away laundry. I do the washing because I find washing and drying to be easy. Its just throwing in and switching loads.
Back to top

Hashem_Yaazor




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 12:53 pm
I just heard about suds share the other day from my son who told me it's a yeshiva guy who started it! I'm sure that's not helpful except for the fact that you're supporting a frum yid if you use it.
(Assuming my son's info is correct.)
Back to top

chana9182




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 2:45 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
I just heard about suds share the other day from my son who told me it's a yeshiva guy who started it! I'm sure that's not helpful except for the fact that you're supporting a frum yid if you use it.
(Assuming my son's info is correct.)


Looks like it is.
https://sudshare.com/about
Back to top

zaq




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 2:54 pm
boat wrote:
Ha and I was trying to figure out how my smartphone can help me with laundry... o well.
'


Me, too! My machine has the ability to be controlled by a phone but I have no intention of using this feature. Running the machine is not rocket science, and I have no need to start a washload going when I'm not at home. Find an app that will empty the machine, wipe down the parts that need to be wiped down, and hang the laundry to dry, then we'll talk.
Back to top

Sunny Days




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 2:59 pm
Cool 😎
Actually a brilliant idea!
And a fascinating story lol
Back to top

Sunny Days




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 3:01 pm
zaq wrote:
'


Me, too! My machine has the ability to be controlled by a phone but I have no intention of using this feature. Running the machine is not rocket science, and I have no need to start a washload going when I'm not at home. Find an app that will empty the machine, wipe down the parts that need to be wiped down, and hang the laundry to dry, then we'll talk.

My husband has an extensive laundry system mapped out in his head (it includes laundry chutes in all bedrooms that brings together the laundry then sorts/washes/folds etc. stuff you can dream about...)
Back to top

ra_mom




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 3:17 pm
I'm waiting for this to come out and hoping it will be affordable and compact.
https://foldimate.com/
Back to top

zaq




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 3:23 pm
Sunny Days wrote:
My husband has an extensive laundry system mapped out in his head (it includes laundry chutes in all bedrooms that brings together the laundry then sorts/washes/folds etc. stuff you can dream about...)


Laundry has never been a tircha for me so that’s not where my tech R& D dollars are going. I’m thinking of a self-cleaning kitchen/dinette, including dishes and appliances.
Back to top

Living Princess




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 3:28 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I'm waiting for this to come out and hoping it will be affordable and compact.
https://foldimate.com/


Also a Jewish invention :-)
Back to top

mushkale




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 3:36 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I'm waiting for this to come out and hoping it will be affordable and compact.
https://foldimate.com/


I've been waiting for a very long time for this. Saw it like 3 hears ago and still nothing
Back to top

DustyDiamonds




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 4:00 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I'm waiting for this to come out and hoping it will be affordable and compact.
https://foldimate.com/


This would entice me if I could dump an entire load into it! I don’t want to neatly feed it one item at a time!
Back to top

Sunny Days




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 4:42 pm
zaq wrote:
Laundry has never been a tircha for me so that’s not where my tech R& D dollars are going. I’m thinking of a self-cleaning kitchen/dinette, including dishes and appliances.

It’s not as much the tircha as I just don’t have the time. I’m definitely interested in the self clean kitchen model too.
Back to top

StrongMomma




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 7:52 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
I just heard about suds share the other day from my son who told me it's a yeshiva guy who started it! I'm sure that's not helpful except for the fact that you're supporting a frum yid if you use it.
(Assuming my son's info is correct.)


If anyone uses it, let us know how your experience is!
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Stacking 2 different brands washing machine and dryer?
by amother
4 Fri, Jan 21 2022, 2:35 pm View last post
Are Israeli washing machines smaller than US?
by amother
29 Fri, Jan 14 2022, 9:00 am View last post
ISO yummy smelling laundry beads that are natural
by amother
3 Mon, Jan 10 2022, 9:07 pm View last post
Whats app blue checks
by amother
8 Wed, Jan 05 2022, 12:58 pm View last post
Wats app status
by amother
28 Mon, Jan 03 2022, 5:28 pm View last post