Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
How long do you keep your kids with a cold home from school?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 9:26 pm
Kindergartener. No fever. Feeling fine. But he is still going through a ton of tissues each day and I feel like sending him to school with a mask on would be such a mess and pain for him. He’s already been home almost a week now.
Would anyone else keep their child home if their only symptom is a super runny nose? Especially due to the having to wear a mask at school thing… just wondering how odd my decision is.

amother
Trillium

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 9:32 pm
If it was just a runny nose
And nothing else I wouldn’t keep him home at all - assuming he’s not complaining at all. A runny nose in a mask is really gross though. Bh my kids
Are not masked in school.

amother
Dustypink

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 9:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Kindergartener. No fever. Feeling fine. But he is still going through a ton of tissues each day and I feel like sending him to school with a mask on would be such a mess and pain for him. He’s already been home almost a week now.
Would anyone else keep their child home if their only symptom is a super runny nose? Especially due to the having to wear a mask at school thing… just wondering how odd my decision is.

I send my kids back when they feel well enough to make it through a school day, don't look fogged out, and aren't snotting all over the place.

Runny nose is a judgement call - I mean there is runny and there is constant, gross runny. Either way, I would not allow my child to be sitting in a snot-filled mask all day. That's gross. B"H my kids go to a mask-free school where they are allowed to breathe.

amother
Canary

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 9:37 pm
Once it's clear and they don't need a tissue every 5 minutes. But a kid that has to wear a mask I would keep home until he can go a few hours without needing a tissue. That sounds like torture to wear a mask with a runny nose.

amother
Lightyellow

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 9:44 pm
0 days. No fever, no time off of school. Frankly that’s the rule for myself too (re: work)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 10:15 pm
Thanks everyone. If they didn’t have to wear masks at school (or if I was out working ) then he would have been back already. Even if I sent in tons of extra masks that would just be so gross. And miserable I’m sure.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics