Home

Salary
1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 11:12 pm
hi!
I am working in a regular medical billing office in lakewood.
wanted to know how much I can expect to get paid 4+ years experience.
Back to top

Rubies




 
 
 
 

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 11:14 pm
Full time?
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post Wed, Jan 12 2022, 11:17 pm
till 330
basically wanna know how much of a raise can I ask for?


Last edited by amother on Wed, Jan 12 2022, 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top

Rubies




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 12:39 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
till 330
basically wanna know how much of a raise can I ask for?


Average rate for full time is 70k.
I would aim for 60k.
Back to top

amother




PlumPink
 

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 7:21 am
330 is not full time though
Back to top

amother




Camellia
 

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 8:02 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
till 330
basically wanna know how much of a raise can I ask for?


Just saying “until 3:30” doesn’t say how many hours a week you work. You can start work at 7, 9:30 etc. Are you also working the same hours on Friday? Etc.

How many hours a week total are you working?
Back to top

amother




Peachpuff
 

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 4:56 pm
Rubies wrote:
Average rate for full time is 70k.
I would aim for 60k.

Are u in the field? 60k seems very high for part time
Back to top

amother




Phlox
 

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 4:58 pm
Not op but just want to say till 3:30 is more or less considered full time in Lakewood
Back to top

amother




Aqua
 

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 5:01 pm
Rubies wrote:
Average rate for full time is 70k.
I would aim for 60k.
omg is this rlly the going rate? I had such a job a couple of years ago, full time and made around 40k. Eta I had no experience tho
Back to top

notshanarishona




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 5:02 pm
Rubies wrote:
Average rate for full time is 70k.
I would aim for 60k.


Really? I used to work in medical billing and pay was about $20 per hour. It’s a simple course that any 18 year old can take. I would be shocked if rates are so high unless that is specifically to Lakewood.

Google says average salary in NJ is $17.70 per hour.
Back to top

amother




Cerulean
 

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 5:04 pm
It also depends how much you give to the company… are you an amazing fast worker that is a huge asset to the company or average?

And for the record, the salaries went up a lot!! Starting salary for a girl off the plane is $25 per hour.
Crazy!!
Back to top

amother




Cyan
 

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 6:00 pm
$25 an hour full time is still not 70k

I don't believe you can ask for 60k working part time. assuming 9-3:30 that's $41 an hour!
I think somewhere around $32-$35 an hour is more reasonable.
Back to top

amother




Cyan
 

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 6:04 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
Really? I used to work in medical billing and pay was about $20 per hour. It’s a simple course that any 18 year old can take. I would be shocked if rates are so high unless that is specifically to Lakewood.

Google says average salary in NJ is $17.70 per hour.


It is Lakewood specific, where they are known to pay much higher than the average. But 70k is way more than I've heard is normal, unless you are a huge asset to the company.
Back to top

cupcake123




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 6:06 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
$25 an hour full time is still not 70k

I don't believe you can ask for 60k working part time. assuming 9-3:30 that's $41 an hour!
I think somewhere around $32-$35 an hour is more reasonable.


Subbing pays 35 an hour. It's not such a strech.
Back to top

amother




Iris
 

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 6:17 pm
How much are you making now?
How many hours are you cutting?
Back to top

amother




Valerian
 

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 6:22 pm
I work in Lakewood, A/P 9-3:30.
Rates here range from 40k-50k on average. 60-70k for someone with experience and/or in a leadership position.
Supervisor will prob make 70-80+.
Back to top

amother




Cerulean
 

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 9:01 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
$25 an hour full time is still not 70k

I don't believe you can ask for 60k working part time. assuming 9-3:30 that's $41 an hour!
I think somewhere around $32-$35 an hour is more reasonable.


$25 was for starting salary. Not four years experience! Big difference
Back to top

amother




Rainbow
 

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 9:21 pm
I work in this field.

if you work 9-330 for 4+ years you can ask for 55k. but also does depend how much you are currently making. To go in and ask for a 15k raise is a bit out of line...if that is your case, you may be better off going to a different office.

(IF you would, let me know, I may want to hire you, lol)

and anyone here that commented about being PT, overly hire salary etc you are 100% right but the market in Lakewood is insane. lots of Medical billing offices will hire you starting salary for 35k+ and if you have very minimal office exp you can start at 42k+ its pretty nuts here.
Back to top

amother




Cerulean
 

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 9:35 pm
amother [ Rainbow ] wrote:
I work in this field.

if you work 9-330 for 4+ years you can ask for 55k. but also does depend how much you are currently making. To go in and ask for a 15k raise is a bit out of line...if that is your case, you may be better off going to a different office.

(IF you would, let me know, I may want to hire you, lol)

and anyone here that commented about being PT, overly hire salary etc you are 100% right but the market in Lakewood is insane. lots of Medical billing offices will hire you starting salary for 35k+ and if you have very minimal office exp you can start at 42k+ its pretty nuts here.


Hmm, not OP but I wonder which office you work in!
Back to top

amother




Rainbow
 

Post Thu, Jan 13 2022, 11:20 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
Hmm, not OP but I wonder which office you work in!


Why?
Back to top
1, 2  Next Recent Topics

Page 1 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Bookkeeper salary?
by amother
4 Fri, Jan 14 2022, 12:40 am View last post
Work from home salary question
by amother
6 Mon, Nov 22 2021, 9:18 pm View last post
Trying to figure out salary - please help
by amother
39 Wed, Nov 03 2021, 1:04 pm View last post
Bus driver for a school salary
by amother
4 Tue, Oct 19 2021, 11:29 pm View last post
Frum magazines salary
by amother
1 Mon, Oct 18 2021, 10:12 am View last post